Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code 145 dummy.txt

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem when I want to install Premiere pro 2020. When the installation arrive to almost 87% I have error code 145. Into the log I have this : 

Exit Code: 145
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
 - 2 fatal error(s), 2 error(s), 1 warnings(s) 

FATAL: Error (Code = 145) executing in command 'MoveFileCommand' for package: 'AdobePremierePro14AllTrial', version:14.0.0.572
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePremierePro14AllTrial Version: 14.0.0.572). Error code: '145'
ERROR: In MemoryUtils::GetFreeSpaceOnHD. Got error (5) in GetDiskFreeSpaceEx API
ERROR: In MemoryUtils::GetFreeSpaceOnHD. Got error (5) in GetDiskFreeSpaceEx API
WARN: Destination path is file or already used "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\dummy.txt"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to uninstall Creative cloud, I used adobe tool but this file doesn't exist on my computer I also have "Adobe" folder in my Program files (x86) but I don't have "Common" folder.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Safe Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I do that ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you might try googling "how do I boot in safe mode in windows?"  Not that Peru Bob won't help you when he sees the post, but why wait...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I thought that it was a safe mode directly in Premiere pro installer. I will try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried with safe mode but it doesn't change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just a shot in the dark, but do you have plenty of freespace on your startup drive.  Common practice is to have at least 20% free space on your startup drive.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have 16 Go/100 Go free on my SSD but I think it's good idk...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16 Go/100 Go free

I don't understand.

How many GB is your hard drive and how many GB free?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hard drive is 110 GB and I have 22GB free (I just deleted some things)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with more space free on my disk but it doesn't change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats a large enough percentage free space if you had a larger boot drive.
But that's a very small boot drive....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I only have system on this disk (it's a 120 GB SSD) but I also have a 2 TB HDD and I install all my programs/games on it.

For example, I tried to install Adobe creative cloud and I have error code 44 : "Installation program can't create a critic file or repertory."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bottom line:

You need a larger HDD (preferably a fast SSD) for your boot drive.

There is simply not enough room for system and temp files on your current drive.

Some files need to be installed on the system drive.

You will also likely run out of room for Windows updates as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines