Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code: -1609629695 PREMIERE AND MEDIA ENCODER WON'T RENDER

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Premiere and Media Encoder have been giving me a lot of trouble lately, both returning the same error code.

Here's a screenshot of the error:

wtf.PNG

My sequence is a 4K 24p created directly from the "New Sequence from clip" feature. I heavily used Warp Stabilizer and Lumetri Color. I've disable the stabilizer, yet it still crashes when I'm trying to work on color grading.

Here are my computer specs:

i5-6600K

GTX 960 3GB VRAM

16GB DDR4 RAM

Windows 10

OS on an SSD, everything else on separate HDDs.

Can someone please help me identify the source of my problem? And let me know if you need more information about my project sequence or anything!

Thank you in advance! : )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Ok ... first question ... is this the same on different projects, or have you only been working the one project?

If only on this project, create a new project, via the Media Browser panel import a few assets, and test there. If on multiple projects created in this version of PrPro, well ... skip that.

Next, what's the media involved in your projects? Frame-size/rate and created by what ... camera, phone/device, screen-capture?

And last ... do you have the same problem if you go into the project set

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok ... first question ... is this the same on different projects, or have you only been working the one project?

If only on this project, create a new project, via the Media Browser panel import a few assets, and test there. If on multiple projects created in this version of PrPro, well ... skip that.

Next, what's the media involved in your projects? Frame-size/rate and created by what ... camera, phone/device, screen-capture?

And last ... do you have the same problem if you go into the project settings and set Mercury Acceleration to "Software Only"?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil,

It's all the same project, I've imported my Premiere project into AE for further editing and met with the error when I tried to export out with AME. I've done this all before, the problem has just shown up now.

I also get this issue when I try to render previews in Premiere, but it only seems to happen with clips that have Lumetri Color and Stabilizer stacked.

I use a Panasonic GH5, shooting 3840x2160 UHD 4K. I shoot in 8 and 10-bit 60fps and 24fps respectively. I haven't tried the software only—I'll give that a shot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil, I exported it using software only, and it worked!

Thanks so much for your help, cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and found it to be a corrupt .png file that had some motion and a mask on it.  I deleted it, brought a new one in. Created a new comp, replacing the old with the new and it rendered fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue periodically over the last while -

Originally, this was happening to me when I used LUTS that i had made myself, and imported into Premiere. This was fixed, when I exported my colour settings as a Premiere LUT. I now use Premiere LUTS that I made myself, and have been for about a year.

As of this week, (premiere was recently updated to Version 12.1.2 Build 69 ) I've been getting the error code again. My issue isn't with rendering or exporting (for now, it was in the past), it's that random clips in the timeline will go blank until I remove effects, and reapply them again. Issue temporarily resolves if I restart Premiere, but doesn't fix it. Creating a new project and importing the sequence does not change anything either. Switching to software rendering gives me the lovely red and white checkerboard, instead of just blank clips. What's very weird is that I exported this project, and have now gone back to it to make changes, and these errors are suddenly all over my timeline.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a frustrating issue, and what you're getting is just ... weird. Wow!

File this over on the UserVoice system, where they track (and now often even respond!) to bugs ... it's vastly improved.

Neil

Adobe Bug /Feature Request service: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update,

Now, if I have a clip selected in my timeline, and just click in to the Lumetri module, the clip disappears. But it's not every clip, and there doesn't seem to be a pattern. If I remove all effects, it returns - but if I simply just click to adust exposure (no LUTS or other effects at all) it goes blank in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um ... wow ... that's so unique I've never heard of that behavior before. An engineer approach might be to say you should feel special as he/she sits down to examine this.

Most editors would prefer to deal rather harshly with such thoughts however.

Kevin-Monahan  ... assistance please?

And I do hope you update your UserVoice filing with this information. This is so bizarre, want this puzzled out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the solution! It has to do with GPU. You must change in File->Project Settings->General->Renderer to ...Software only, next delete preview files in a project folder and here you go!

https://youtu.be/dB5SJEH3mlY

🔗 DOWNLOAD all my presets + transitions: https://www.kylerholland.com/products FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/kylerholland/ ▶ Check out my gear on Kit: https://kit.com/kylerholland | -MY GEAR- | Main Camera: Panasonic Lumix GH4 - http://amzn.to/2itdMsY Mic: Rode VideoMic Pro -...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and the error still pops up

Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: \\?\C:\Users\Herman\Desktop\Who Are We_AME\Main.mp4
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:07:00:27 - 00:07:01:05
Rendering at offset: 420,900 seconds
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: -1609629695

Any help please??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue as well. Using custom LUTs for a project. I've tried disabling the LUTs and the issue still arises. At first I only had the issue in AME so was exporting from Premiere, but now I am also getting it from Premiere. Both are updated. When I monitor the export in Task Manager, the GPU is maxing out in the 80-99% level. 

I've tried many different things to figure out the issue, only thing that has worked is exporting in pieces and stitching together to reexport. These are only 10-30 min videos. I have some simple effects like luma curve masks, blur, cross fades, some audio denoise effect. That's it. I'm working with multicam sequences and 1080 proxy files.

The error messages I get are -1609629690 and -1609629695

Here are my computer specs:

CPU Intel Core i7-8700K

GTX 1060 Mini

16GB DDR4 RAM

Windows 10

Here is an example error messages:

- Encoding Time: 00:10:37

12/10/2020 12:26:32 PM : Encoding Failed

------------------------------------------------------------

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing to file: \\?\C:\Users\...\.....\........_CH2.1_RC2_201209.mp4

Around timecode: 00:04:08:20 - 00:04:09:20

Rendering at offset: 249.082 seconds

……………………………………….

- Encoding Time: 00:00:02

12/12/2020 08:54:10 AM : Encoding Failed

Offline media was encoded using proxies.

Missing Asset: A001_11221357_C003_......braw

Missing Asset: B001_11221357_C003_.....braw

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

GPU Render Error

Unable to process frame.

Writing to file: \\?\A:\...........\......._CH2.2_RC2_201211.mp4

Around timecode: 00:00:00:08 - 00:00:01:01

Rendering effect: AE.ADBE Opacity

Rendering at offset: 0.000 seconds

Component: EffectFilter of type GPUVideoFilter

- Encoding Time: 00:02:03

12/12/2020 08:56:31 AM : Encoding Failed

Offline media was encoded using proxies.

Missing Asset: A001_11221357_C003_MICROHZ.braw

Missing Asset: B001_11221357_C003_MICROHZ.braw

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Accelerated Renderer Error

Unable to produce frame.

Writing to file: \\?\A:\......_RC2_201211.mp4

Around timecode: 00:00:17:02 - 00:00:18:02

Rendering at offset: 17.100 seconds

Error code: -1609629690

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tim,

Where are your LUTs stored on the computer?

What made them ... ?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LUTs are custom made by the company I am editing for. I dropped them in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder 2020\Lumetri\LUTs\Creative and in the same spot for premiere. Other people editing with these luts haven't reported issues. I was able to use them successfully up until yesterday for some reason when using premiere. I tried exports with them disabled and had the same issue. I also have a blackmagic effect on masterclips that I disabled (but since I'm working with proxies, the black magic reader is not important for my editing)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never, ever, EVER put LUTs in the program/package folders! It's asking for all sorts of headaches. The app uses relative use of those folders ... as in, the 15th one down in computer-sorted order. NOT by name!  And it expects the same things to be in the various apps.

Use the system provided for adding LUTs into the system. The following chart shows the areas to use, and for some reason they make you add the final folders, the Technical (Basic tab use) and Creative (Creative tab use). Park them there, and they will pop up in the appropriate list drop-down.

I add a prefix system to mine so they always come up grouped as I want at the top of the list.

So remove them from those folders, put them in the proper ones, and apply from there.

The other thing ... is if you're using the BlackMagic plugin, well ... that one can be problematic at times. I finally gave up and got the Autokroma BRAW Studio plugins. So ... realistically, this could be an issue also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'll be damned. I took your advice and moved the LUTs all to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\LUTs and created the two folders, placing my LUTs in Creative. That works. Thank you.

I still have the export issue on certain sequences with the AME exports failing. I've disabled blackmagic in premiere but that had no effect I can see. Maybe I'll try uninstalling. After rendering one sequence it sent fine to AME and exported, but that was a sequence with less effects applied. If I don't render they just fail. I think effects are part of the problem but I haven't had issues with effects in the past so unsure why now, and I'm not adding anything crazy, just some simple crossfades, blurs and vignettes. I'm guessing the proxy linking and/or blackmagic and LUTs are the source of my ordeal.

I appreciate your help, Neil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had occacional issues of oddness, and finally Nicolas from Autokroma asked me if the BM plugin was still listed in the project plugins. Yea, it was, hadn't even seen it, though I'd not used that in months. Had to go hunt it down & kill it, dump all cache files, then go through my projects. A couple I needed to create a new project file & then import the old project.

Took care of some of the crazies at least.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem trying to r5ender a after effects file with media encoder. or render with a linked comp in premiere.

I try to export in 6k prores422. but that didn't work 4k didnt work eiteher. Even an other machine didnt help.

Computer specs are AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6 core 32gb gddr4 ram an rtx2070 8gb vram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No clue what's happening on your machine, as you haven't included any details.

What media are you working with, what are you doing to it for effects, is this direct from Ae or a dynamically linked comp from Ae on a Premiere sequence, does it render directly from Premiere, and when whatever doesn't work doesn't work, what were you doing, and what potential error message or behavior occurred instead of what you expected?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The underlying reason for this error is running out of VRAM for your GPU accelerated effects. The "Around Timecode" is usually the failure point. If you are working with big resolutions, you simply need to throw a bigger GPU at it and your issue will be solved. Using a smart rendering workflow, you can workaround your underpowered system by attacking at a different angle (rendering up front, and then using those renders for output - therefore, bypassing any GPU limitations that crop up during export). I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, we are also having the same problem.

Here is the error code.

Encoding Time: 00:15:40
04/13/2021 08:05:53 PM : Encoding Failed
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Accelerated Renderer Error

Unable to produce frame.

Writing to file: \\?\L:\1_Clients\UP\Graduations\Graduation 2021\Autumn Gradution\Project\Export\Part 6\Part 6 - VETERINARY SCIENCE.mp4
Around timecode: 00:01:49:02 - 00:01:50:09
Rendering at offset: 109,080 seconds

Export Error
Error compiling movie.

GPU Render Error

Unable to process frame.

Writing to file: \\?\L:\1_Clients\UP\Graduations\Graduation 2021\Autumn Gradution\Project\Export\Prof Kupe Speech_E2.0.mp4
Around timecode: 00:00:29:11 - 00:00:30:18
Rendering effect: AE.ADBE Cross Dissolve New
Rendering at offset: 29,440 seconds
Component: TransitionFilter of type GPUVideoFilter

We are experiencing it on multiple different computers. We are unable to set to software only for rendering as it causes glitches in the export (strangely it causes those on an mp4 file in the sequence). This problem persists even if we move to a hard drive or work from the NAS device or directly from an SSD.

Here are the specs for the PCs:

PC-1 & 2:

i9-9900k

RTX 2080TI

32 GB DDR4 RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

PC - 3:

i7-4790

Quadro P5000

16GB RAM DDR4

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

PC - 4:

i9-9900k

RTX 3060

32 GB DDR4 RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

PC-5:

i7-6700

GTX1070

32 GB DDR4 RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

There are 3 different projects both have dynamic links to after-effects, lumetri colour, and warp stabiliser on some clips:

Project 1: Only renders on PC 2 but does not render on PC 1 at all. All the settings were identical for export and in the project and the computers are identical.

Project 2: This has dynamically linked after effect files and green screen in the after effects. Unable to render on software only as there are colour glitches (it discolors the image on certain sections) on mp4 files in the sequence that has no effects on it at all. The project is unable to render on PC-1, 2 and 3 and only renders on PC- 4. When set to render on PC 2 is complete;y unable to render from the start and then PC 1 starts rendering and says 4 hours to complete the render but always fails. PC 4 has no problem. This project does not even open on PC 5.

Project 3:

This had no green screen and only some dynamically linked after-effect files. It was a 4 hour long sequence. It was unable to render on any of the PCs GPU or software, and this rendered on PC 5 only.

Please assist. These are top-of-the-line CPUs and GPUs on various machines with various projects. I don't understand why the smallest PC is able to export while the larger ones are absolutely useless. The rules are never the same for these errors. It might export happily on the one PC then the next day it refuses on that one and only exports on another. No regard for size of GPU or CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines