• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Code 4 - Selector 17

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Picture a snowboarding video that is built to be nine-minutes and twenty-five seconds had a huge processing time of 19 hours. After two hours of processing adobe returned Error Code 4 - Selector 17 plus a huge video file size of 22.34GB with only three minutes and thirty four seconds of playback.Here are the nuts and bolts of my recent project I’m trying to finish.

• Ten Second Intro including Photo Illustration, Motion Graphic Title & Sound Effects
    Followed by Twenty-Eight Audio/Video clips from my GoPro cameras totaling 6.54 GB file size
    Over layed by Three Audio Tracks totaling 15.7 MB
    Four Photos used in the project including Illustrations equal 8.1 MB
    Video transition dips to black followed by credits overlay
  •  

This is not far from my standard video layout except this time the video is not processing and returns a huge file size. The last edit i recently made was actually 3:30 with a file size of 4.6 GB. I was expecting this video file size to come back around 13GB.

What am I doing wrong with this video project?

Devin

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Devin,

Sorry you never got a response from the community. The error code dialog box indicates that you are out of storage. Switch your export location to a drive with more space.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Devin,

Sorry you never got a response from the community. The error code dialog box indicates that you are out of storage. Switch your export location to a drive with more space.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem as well actually. But I am exporting to my desktop and I have 3TB of free space left....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Its so weird

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also need enough room on the bootdrive for temp files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same issue with an abundance of space on my drive where the proxies are being created as well as my boot drive. I don't understand what the issue is but clearly media encoder is reporting an inaccureate error code. Selector 17, Error Code 4. Please help! 

This is happening to both very basic DJI footage as well as footage off of a Fuji XT3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, Honestly i can not remember if i found a solution or not. I was
injured in a bad snowboarding wreck and had to take time away from the
computer. Try clearing your history and make sure you have the most recent
version of Adobe Media. I remember producing a smaller file size object..

Best Regards,
Devin Botkins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check your frame rate for each clip as well.

I had an issue because my intro video was at 30 fps and the phone recording was at 60fps.

60 fps required substantially more space. 400 GB for 41 minutes of space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines