• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code 6 during export (PREMIERE PRO CC)

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2016 Jul 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

A few days ago, a updated my Premiere Pro CC (2015.3)

Before this update my Premiere and my project worked well !

Now, I have an error when i want to export my sequence.

This message comes directly after lauching the export.

ERROR.png

I've tested different solutions (other formats, import my sequence into a new project, reinitialised my presets, render, doesn't work with Media Encoder ...)

I dont' see this problem anywhere... Maybe someone can help me ?

Thank you !

[Moved from the general, non-support forum Lounge to a product-specific support forum - Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Alright, so I'm new to this Adobe Premiere world, but this problem was totally terrible. I'm not sure if this will work for the rest of you, but I tried almost everything I saw here & it still didn't work for me.

Want to know what DID work though?

I changed the name of the project file to not include any symbols like - or / and voila! It worked.

Stupid, haha but praise God! Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2016 Jul 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen others report this issue, and even missed a deadline myself because of it.

Unfortunately, I don't have any reliable solutions as yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope is not to late. I had the same issue. The problem was that Premiere pro was not saving my project for some reason. I  went to File and then I clicked "saved as" and then it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That Worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhh! Yes! That worked like a charm for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa,

How weird that File > Save did not work for you. I prefer to do a File > Save as soon as I start a project. I like to make periodic backups of this file with File > Save a Copy. Try it out!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a a life saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!!!! 

FUNCIONOU ESSE ERRO CÓDIGO 6 PREMIERE! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks alot !! you saved a lot of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MUCHAS GRACIAS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Juliend,

Please run a small test, create a new sequence and remove audio from that.

Try exporting your sequence again (without Audio).

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI !

Thx ! IT WORKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I also have this problem. I can export with no audio.... but I need the audio... Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem

Exporting without audio works - does anyone have a solution on how to export with audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m also having the same problem. I also need the audio...how do I do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ronschloss1,

I would suggest you the same workaround, exporting your audio and video separately.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kulpreet, please be more specific.  It's great that I can now export my videos with no audio, but most videos kind of NEED the audio included.  How does this help?  How is this a work-around. 

I've exported my video with no audio, now what?  How do I get the video WITH audio?!?

Please advise.  Since the upgrade, this doesn't work on my laptop or my PC, and I have a project due today.  It's done, I just can't export it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cnSam,

I am sorry that you are not able to export videos (with audio) from Premiere Pro.

Are you getting the same error (error compiling movie)?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out that the voice was fine, it was the music track that was causing it to crash. So I edited the music track in audition, converted it from mp3 to wav and brought it back into the project. It was then able to export.

I use these audio files (.mp3) all the time, so there is something wrong with the newest version of Premiere, but it seems the workaround is to convert the audio to .wav and bring it back into the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad that you are back on track.

Thanks for confirming,

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted my audio file to .WAV but still get the error. I've tried everything i can think of for the past 2 hours. Still can't export. And i'm not exporting without the audio. That's just not how it works. The audio is part of the video. So please if anyone has a fix i'd appreciate it if you post it here. I'm waiting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get old before someone answers in this forum. Anyway, after days of researching i came across an answer stating to move the project folder somewhere else on the hdd then it would work. And so i moved it, renamed it and Holly Cow "IT WORKED". Hope i helped, now the Adobe support Team knows the answer and they can pass it along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well. Moving the project folder to a different location solved the error code 6 message and allowed me to export both the video and audio. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well, after moving the project to a different folder I was able to export both audio and video

without any issues (after attempting all the above solutions which didn't work for me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines