• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code 6 during export (PREMIERE PRO CC)

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2016 Jul 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

A few days ago, a updated my Premiere Pro CC (2015.3)

Before this update my Premiere and my project worked well !

Now, I have an error when i want to export my sequence.

This message comes directly after lauching the export.

ERROR.png

I've tested different solutions (other formats, import my sequence into a new project, reinitialised my presets, render, doesn't work with Media Encoder ...)

I dont' see this problem anywhere... Maybe someone can help me ?

Thank you !

[Moved from the general, non-support forum Lounge to a product-specific support forum - Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Alright, so I'm new to this Adobe Premiere world, but this problem was totally terrible. I'm not sure if this will work for the rest of you, but I tried almost everything I saw here & it still didn't work for me.

Want to know what DID work though?

I changed the name of the project file to not include any symbols like - or / and voila! It worked.

Stupid, haha but praise God! Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks alot, this helped a great deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me. The voice recording was fine; the music file was causing an issue. Converted my WAV music background to an mp3 file via audition (opposite file type solution - but either way this worked).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind. It worked at first but now is not letting me export with the music in background. Going to try to export it without music file. Then, try to add it to exported video in either Pr or Ae. This is horribly inconvenient and annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this same issue, but so far I haven't had any success getting my project exported.  What's the deal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yer im still getting this issue with none of the fixes above working. If anyone has figured it out that would be really helpful. I work in a school and this is happening on a lot of students work and causing a bit of a nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charliew,

I am sorry for your issues. Please provide more details and I will try to get that sorted.

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

hopefully this answers some of the questions, this is a clear as i can be at this time.

• At the College we use premiere pro cc version 2015.3
  • I have no idea if we have recent updates as only the IT department has access to this.
  • Windows 7
  • .MPG (Audio, stereo, 48kHz)
  • Error Code: 6
  • At the time the error occurred i was trying to export the final cut of the students film.
  • This has worked for other students using the same cameras and file types.
  • there was no other software running
  • no third party effects
  • The computer hardware is mostly all the same on each system. Nothing special. pretty sure most of them are running onboard graphics and have no sound cards. 64 bit, intel core 2 duo 3.00 ghz. 8GB RAM.
  • Are you using Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration? Yes
  • Do you still have the issue when choosing Project Settings > General > Renderer > Mercury Playback Engine (Software Only)? Yes
  • Does the problem only happen with your final output, with previews, or both? any type of export including the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details, Charliew.

Error compiling movie is a generic error and we have documented all the possible solutions/workarounds in this document:

How to fix issues that cause errors when rendering or exporting

I would suggest you to start with this and please share your observations.

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move your entire project folder to a new folder and delete all cache and temp files.

Since the guys at Adobe have no idea how to manage their temp files I wrote a batch script you can use to clear all the rubbish that gets left on your drive.

1. In Windows. Open Notepad.

2. Copy the following code.

rem COPY FROM HERE...

del "C:\Users\PROFILE NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\*.*" /s/q

del "C:\Users\PROFILE NAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache\*.*" /s/q

del "C:\Users\PROFILE NAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache Files\*.*" /s/q

del "C:\Users\PROFILE NAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Peak Files\*.*" /s/q

del "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache\*.*" /s/q

rem ...TO HERE

3. Past into the Notepad window.

4. Change "PROFILE NAME" to match yours.

EXAMPLE: If you login as "Bob"... Your user profile will be located in C:\Users\Bob

...which means PROFILE NAME becomes Bob...

...del "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Local\Temp\*.*" /s/q

...del "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache\*.*" /s/q

...del "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache Files\*.*" /s/q

...del "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Peak Files\*.*" /s/q

...del "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache\*.*" /s/q

5. Select File | Save.

6. Choose a location like your generic projects folder (Folder where you store all your projects).

7. Name it something simple like CLEANUPTHEMESS.BAT

8. Change "Save as Type" from "Text Documents (*.Txt)" to "All Files (*.*)"

9. Hit Save.

10. Close Notepad.

11. Open File Explorer and Browse to where you saved the file.

12. Right Click on it and click on "Run As Administrator".

13. Now you watch it cleanup.

First run will take a while.

14. Now go to your projects folder and delete all the Adobe folders... EXCEPT the Autosave Folder... Don't want to be left with only one version of your file that could be lost or corrupted.

If anyone is proficient in writing Batch Scripts I'd love to get your feedback on how to remove the Folders that stay behind and have to be removed manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after attempting to move the project file to different locations 4-5 times it appears the problem has been solved. The only way i managed to export with the audio was to move the project file to the desktop and specifically export to the desktop too. I have no idea why this would be a fix. all my media was stored in the same location and didn't change. i didn't change the project file name or anything, i simply exported from the desktop to the desktop. weird. If anyone can explain why this is the case i would be really interested, however at the least the problem is now solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks CharlieW this solution worked for me, even though it's completely illogical. I just moved my .propj file onto desktop, exported the mp4 to the desktop and it finally worked. I didn't move/edit any of my linked audio files. Thanks for posting your fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Problem, i still have no clue why this work around works, but im really glad i found it! i had a class of about 15 students all panicking on deadline day because they couldn't export. Glad to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE A GODSEND!!! THANK YOU I'VE BEEN WORKING ON THIS ONE LITTLE ISSUE FOR HOURS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several attempts I noticed one of my assets in my After Effects' comps was wonky (by that I mean looked jagged visually).... though it was "linked" properly I went into the AE side of things and re-linked the needed asset and then exported without any time outs or errors. I would suggest this route in lieu of moving folders around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with premiere, exported to Media Encoder instead and that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check the audio decibels.. if it cross more -3, make the audio gain reduce and maintain below -3 and try to take the output. It worked for me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I moved my .propj file onto desktop, exported the mp4 to the desktop"

This worked for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had this problem today and looking for help.

Start of Problem

I worked on a project at home with the files in DropBox. When I got to work, I transferred all the files to my local hd. When I reopened and tried to export, I kept getting an error about a missing AE filter (AE.ADBE MPEG.SourceSettings but I don’t think it matters).

My Solution

After checking around and trying to move the project file somewhere else (didn’t work), here is what I did that worked for me:

1. Zoom into the project timeline to check every movie’s “fx” label.
  2. If there was a red underline on it, I reimported that video by dragging and dropping into Project window under new Bin.
  3. With the movie selected, I made a “Replace with clip…in Bin” on the timeline.
  4. Once all the red underlined movies were replaced, I removed all the old clips and moved the new clips into the proper bins.
  5. Export = Joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2019. this has been an issue for 2 years. Come on Adobe...

I had to move the project before it would export. Why??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, so I'm new to this Adobe Premiere world, but this problem was totally terrible. I'm not sure if this will work for the rest of you, but I tried almost everything I saw here & it still didn't work for me.

Want to know what DID work though?

I changed the name of the project file to not include any symbols like - or / and voila! It worked.

Stupid, haha but praise God! Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm THIS WORKED FOR ME!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me even if it was that simple, thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kalle,

Sorry. This potential solution you mentioned in our FAQ for Error Compiling Movie. Check it out here: FAQ: Fix Error Compiling Movie errors in Premiere Pro

I am delighted you are back on track.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. It worked for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're actually the goat. Worked great for me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines