• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Code with the Project Manager

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a short film for a group project at school and I would like to share the project with my friend in order for her to do the color grading. I found out about the Project Manager, but unfortunately it's not working for me. When I try and export it I get the message "An unknown error occurred during the Project Manager operation. Please save your project and retry the operation"

I am working with proxy files and I feel like that could be the problem, but I can't figure out how to replay (not just relink) them. 

I'm working on a mid-2017 Macbook Pro running macOS Catalina 10.15.6 and I'm using Premiere Pro 2020. 

Thank you for any tips

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would just duplicate the project file, and put that in a folder with subfolders with all the media used. Put it on a disc & give it to them. Project manager has a ton of "implications" about various options and the way they interplay with options you've chosen while working the project. It's a dense, complicated, and amazingly murky process.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As another alternative, you could simply convert that to a Team Project, the app will then load the project file into the Cloud, and if you get them the media organized in folders precisely like you have, it works pretty well.

Most cloud storage options don't work fast enough with video media to use for actual editing. Project files are fine. So having the media "local" is for most a better solution. The owner adds media the normal way, and ALL collaborators ONLY add media via the Edit/Team Projects Media Management dialog.

Past that, it's normal Premiere working. Except you can see within moments any changes the other people have made updated in your own system.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello !

What codec are you using for your project media files ? If you're using BRAW files with the BM Plugin it's a known bug of this plugin (If so, the BRAW Studio plugin doesn't have this problem, but it's not a free plugin).

Otherwise, we are developing at Autokroma a new plugin "PlumePack" to improve the existing Project Manager ! It should solve the bugs of the actual Project Manager, with more features : 

• Trim without re-encoding (losslessly => Exact same quality) the footages to reduce their size (you keep the same codecs !) : Supports BRAW, R3D, ProRes, ...
  • Remove unused files (or not) (you can also select a sequence and it will goes under nested sequences)
  • Support AE comp in the future (relink the AE comp itself !)
  • Better folder organization when job is finished (following the PPro structure or other intelligent algos from your actual file structure)

"PlumePack" is not officially released yet and is under Beta. If you want to participate, you can apply here : Link to Apply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines