• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Compiling Movie -1609760768

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any information on this error code? I'm trying to figure out whats going on so I can upload my video but have found nothing on it.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Error compiling movie can be anything: this doc will give you some suggestions.

Error compiling movie when rendering or exporting

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Yes that is fine.

You need to read that doc as there is no ready made solution.

Its al trail and error.

If you are using the Upload feature to Youtube uncheck that.

The error message also gives a time indication. Check that on the timeline and fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Hi,

Sorry to all those still experiencing this bug occurring to some editors. Try this: Choose Preferences > Media and disable any Hardware Decoding Options. Reboot the computer. Try exporting once more. Works? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

provide more information PPro version, OS,PC Spec's

is happen with a specific video format or specific project ?

upload to where ?

Muhannad,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 2015.3 Windows 10 8 core cpu 4.5 ghz 16gb of ram and a ssd with 250gb and a hard drive of 2tb and to upload to youtube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is fine.

You need to read that doc as there is no ready made solution.

Its al trail and error.

If you are using the Upload feature to Youtube uncheck that.

The error message also gives a time indication. Check that on the timeline and fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran through all the steps and found out where the issue is but dont know how to resolve it. So I do two separate sequences one being my camera with removed greenscreen and two being the gameplay then I make another sequence and put those together so when Im trimming i deal with less files. I first made it so that it only rendered the gameplay in this video and it worked fine then I tried only the camera and It didnt work. But when I go to the sequence when I put together the camera and render it, it works fine. By the way thank you for all the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error compiling movie can be anything: this doc will give you some suggestions.

Error compiling movie when rendering or exporting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started running into this when I upgraded to CC. Never had it in CS6. I just found a fix for me. I'll offer it as something to try.

I have a closing sequence that I put on the end of all my shows. Here's an example on YouTube. It'll just take a few seconds to watch.

It's not complex, but it does take two nested sequences, and I dissolve into the final composite. The render error started hitting the last frame of the dissolve.

The fix was to just make that dissolve one frame longer.

Here's a simple look at my timeline.

First, the render failed at the end of the dissolve (note the green/red transition).

DISSOLVE ENDS HERE AND RENDER FAILS.PNG

Make the dissolve one frame longer, and the render succeeds:

DISSOLVE ENDS HERE AND RENDER SUCCEEDS.PNG

TROUBLESHOOTING TECHNIQUE:

I first found the failure at the end of a 90 minute render in Adobe Media Encoder (AME). That created a log file with the time code of the error. So I zoomed into that spot and experimented by setting the Work Area bar around the problem spot and doing a Sequence/Render entire work area.

Something else that worked was to render up to the error, then set the Work area bar a few frames after the error and render another second or two. Then I moved the Work area bar into the unrendered spot, made it one frame long, and rendered one frame at a time. For some reason that worked, and if I did my output with "Use Previews" checked, the final render worked.

I'd say there's still something wrong with Premiere Pro causing this error. Nothing in my timeline was that unusual or complex. So I wonder when it'll bite me again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

GPearce10

, it worked for me, I was using color balance & brightness Contrast effect in that particular space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using Adobe CC 2023 after 4 years of working with Premiere Pro, and this error has just made it's first appearance for me.  @GPearce10's troubleshooting technique helped me solve this and move on with my work!  I spent 3-5 minutes hunting for solutions, and when I saw my error code in his screen shot, I jumped in, found the transition at the indicated time code, shortened it by 2-3 frames, and re-rendered with no error. 

BRAVO, @GPearce10, bravo.  Six years later, this solution still works!  (And sadly, Premiere Pro still produces this error under who-knows-what circumstances!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue.  I ended up saving the problem sequence and adding it to the  timeline as a video file.  Added the transition effects and it was fine.  No idea why there was an issue, but this work around fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same error and I was able to solve that problem by switching the render engine from "CUDA" option to "software only" in the settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solved mine by switching to CUDA from Software Only. Reverse of yours. BUT THANK YOU FOR THE IDEA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have had the same error, but only with one project...with the codec h.264. I don't know how I can fix it.

Any idea?

I give you the specifications of my computer:

iMac

3,1 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 6 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1 GB

Thanks, any comment or help is valuable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just deleted everything in the timestamp, exported, cancelled the exportation, undid the deletion, and exported, and everything was fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw this thread and found an easy solution wich worked for me.

1.Add a cross fade to the clip wich u cant render.

2. Render the clip

3. remove the cross fade and render the last part.

Somehow worked for me hope it does the same for you!

[text formatted by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to CC 2019 and getting this error working on an older version project. If anyone else has this problem while trying to render, nesting the problematic areas worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fix that worked for me was if you look at what time the error is at (should say in the box that pops up with the error) and go to that time in the timeline. Click the clip that is there and press delete. Then hit enter or whatever your rendering button is. Then after its done rendering just ctrl+Z to undo the delete and press your render button again. Worked smoothly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incredibly, this worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I restarted the programme and ti was fixed.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One Simple Troubleshooting Step For Those Hitting this Common Error

Don't even think about running either Chrome or Spotify while attempting to export. That reduces VRAM, which you often need while exporting. That is, unless you have a GPU with an absurd amount of VRAM - even so....quit these apps, reboot the computer, and then do your export.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doesn't resolve the issue, I don't understand why Adobe, who we pay to update these apps and fix bugs don't resolve the issue.

This issue was first raised in 2016, it's now 2020 - so you're saying that it took 4 years but the same issue persists.

What are we paying for then? The updates just add more features, but don't fix existing bugs.

All the work-arounds mentioned above are clearly based on trial and error and take up more time to "try and fix" what should be fixed by Adobe in the first-place.

I've done all these troubleshooting steps, let me know if there's anymore of if you can just resolve this issue with an update since the issue started 4 years ago - assuming Adobe needs more time to resolve the issue, perhaps another 4 years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KomfySach.

One thing that worked for me (half way down this post) is something you probably don't want to do because it turned a normal 10hour export into a 29 hour export! I posted about it on this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-crashed-on-nearly-20-export-attempts-over-t...

Basically, 14.3.1 isn't working for me so I rolled back through prior versions & I got the export to work in 14.0.1 but like I said, it took 29 hours.

Initially I:

1. Stopped Windows & Kaspersky (my antivirus) updates,

2. Uninstalled 14.3.1 & installed 14.0.1 after trying multiple prior versions, and

3. File/Project Settings/General - Renderer "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only"

Exporting with 14.0.1 resulted in an "Error compiling movie." so Google suggested the changes:

1. Edit/Preferences/Memory - Change "Optimize Rendering for" from Performance to Memory, and

2. Edit/Preferences/Memory - Reduce "RAM reserved for other Applications" as low as possible which for me was 3GB.

Task Manager showed CPU usage as half the normal levels which more than doubled the processing time but I couldn't export properly for a month so I'm relieved now it's done. I know this is a very unattractive solution but if nothing else works & you are under pressure from a customer you may like to try it. Before trying this I really would thoroughly try Kevin_Monaghan suggestions though.

I know the desperate feeling mate, so good luck.

My system is:

i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12 CPUs), 32GB RAM, Windows, GTX 1060, OS & PP on 970 EVO 250GB, Scratch & footage on 970 EVO 1TB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For someone who have adobe media encoder just add it to queue and problem solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, I had multiple FPS footage, and I solved it by exporting the original file into my needed format (size and fps), then replaced the original file in premiere and added back the effects and it worked great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to all those still experiencing this bug occurring to some editors. Try this: Choose Preferences > Media and disable any Hardware Decoding Options. Reboot the computer. Try exporting once more. Works? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines