Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE HELP!

Error compiling movie after installed the new Premiere Pro CC_2017

Error compiling movie.

Accelerated Renderer Error

Unable to produce frame

error code: -1609629690

I could no long can play or preview my video files in the Source panel or the Program Panel.  Every thing go blank.

error code -1609629690.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jim. An update on my GTX1080 upgrade:

I feel like an idiot for doing this, but apparently not only is the 1000 series card performance subpar, they aren't even supported by Adobe currently.

Premiere Pro System Requirements for Mac OS and Windows

Am I reading this correctly? Becuase enabling GPU acceleration is grayed out in my project settings. Were you using the 1070 for CUDA acceleration before? Did Adobe drop support for these cards recently? My situation just went from bad to worse because now I may have to return this card and buy a 900 series as you recommended. I expected some issues, but it never occurred to me the entire series isn't supported. Especially so long after its release. I've read many reviews and benchmarks on these cards and not once came upon this information. But like I said, can't believe I didn't check with Adobe's site first and foremost.
https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Adobe-Premiere-Pro-CC-2015-3-Pascal-GPU-Performance-840/

As I mentioned before, I am currently using the Titan X Pascal for GPU acceleration on a client's system without issue and that card is not listed as supported on Adobe's site. Are these not using the same technology? Why would a newer card be supported but not the older 1000 series cards with the same architecture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The System Requirements list isn't updated for GPUs.  It's useless.

You should have CUDA available.  Restart PP and even the whole computer if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've restarted the system and opened a new project, still GPU acceleration is still inaccessible. I've done some research on this issue and there are a few other people experiencing the same problem (see comments):
GPU Acceleration In Premiere Pro and After Effects 2017! - YouTube

Again though there are loads of users doing tests with these cards so I think you're right, something is wrong with my system or installation of Adobe.

I started a new thread for this issue, but if you have any additional suggestions they are much appreciated. Frustrating to jump from one problem to another with Adobe!
GTX 1080 Support for CUDA acceleration 17.0.1

Update:
I did a "clean install" of the nvidia drivers through custom installation, rebooted Premiere and my system several times and the option suddenly appeared! The playback of an unrendered timeline is significantly improved at first glance. And there are no obvious issues with Lumetri that I can see.

Thanks again for your help Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the money for that, and won't in a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got help from a friend and ordered an EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5.  This just isn't usable otherwise.  I really hope Adobe fixes these compatibility issues for those not so lucky as to have friends who help them buy video cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy 4u but I'm afraid I Can not change videocard on a laptop ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same again here on a GTX765M. This problem went away when I upgraded from  CC 2015.3 to 2017.1 but now its back. Software render is a working bypass but not an option because of time. Terrible. Best bypass for me is is not to use Lumetri coloring in new projects but I have huge projects full of lumetri where this is not an option.

Previous videodriver does not solve this. I thought it had to do with very complex and big projects but that is not true. I can create this problem in a very very small project.

Can I go back to previous Premiere version without deinstalling 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can go back and still keep the 2017 version.  In Creative Cloud, just go to the "previous version" section, and when you get to Premiere, click install and you'll get options for several earlier versions.  Note:  You cannot open projects made in the 2017 version in the 2015 version.

And I'm seeing right now that there's a new update for the 2017 version and am installing the update now.  Maybe they've fixed this issue, who knows, I'll test it out shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried a small test project using Lumetri color and it rendered without error.  They *may* have fixed this issue in the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No new updates in creative cloud available here. Now trying previous versions.

And it is not only lumetri. I can create this error by:

New project / import 1 jpg / paste it twice on a line / use a cross dissolve transition / export 264 -> unable to produce frame!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you see under "previous versions"?  You have to scroll down to get to that section....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed now 2015.4 which seems stable but i cannot open newer projects so its no solution.

What is new version of 2017 you are talking about? I cannot find newer than 2017.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of now 2017.0.1 is the latest build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to be the same version--I just hadn't seen it until earlier today.  And unfortunately, when I tried doing a larger project that was more than 2 minutes, it gave me the error again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will take some time later today to explain this but for now I like to share that it seems I solved this problem on my system by replacing the NVIDIA-driver by the previous-previous version. Win 10 NVIDIA Geforce GTX 765M 21.21.13.7620 #HAPPY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#solved Win 10 NVIDIA Geforce GTX 765M 21.21.13.7620

It took me several days to get 2 projects finally rendered with a lot of annoyance. It took me some more days to solve this but finally it seems like I found the solution for my system. The final solution for me is to replace the videodriver with a much older one

In Windows you can easily replace your videodriver by the previous but you cannot go further back.

I found out that NVIDIA not only keeps several old installfiles on several places on your system, but also that NVIDIA offers older driverfiles direct from http:\\nvideo.com\drivers\beta

Hope this works for any of you! #happy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please get a bit more specific? How far back did you go? Which driver version did you end up with? What date is it from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this same issue. If turn off GPU acceleration I can render, but if it's turned on it fails. I also get the black panels. This is in the most recent Adobe CC with a Titan X (Pascal), Intel Xeon E5-2680, and 128 GB of RAM.

I've done a full video driver clean. And I've done a CC re-install. I recently even reformatted windows. I RMAed the Graphics Card twice, this is the second one I've received from Nvidia.

Any thoughts anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

chipsandsalsaforlife​ just wondered what the outcome for you was. because it's 2019 and i'm still having this very same rendering error code, which i have been getting for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you downloaded adobe media encoder cc ??

Before I hit export, I hit queue and it sends it over to the encoder.  then just hit start and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines