Highlighted

Error compiling movie - Import error - Importer returned bad result

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export a sequence (H.264 with youtube HD 1080 preset) where some of the clips have speed increase of 1200% applied to to them. I am trying to emulate a timelapse... I know there is something I am not considering here.

what i get as a message is : Error compiling movie - Import error - Importer returned bad result

see image bellow

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 3.51.55 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error compiling movie - Import error - Importer returned bad result

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export a sequence (H.264 with youtube HD 1080 preset) where some of the clips have speed increase of 1200% applied to to them. I am trying to emulate a timelapse... I know there is something I am not considering here.

what i get as a message is : Error compiling movie - Import error - Importer returned bad result

see image bellow

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 3.51.55 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 24, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Now that I know it's the speed ramping it narrows the issue down. But if someone has a fix for this I would love an answer!Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 10.09.00 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fishpodular,

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 10.09.00 AM.png

Try removing any punctuation from your sequence and export naming schemes.

Thanks,

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error I have no punctuation in my sequence, I'm just trying to render it. This error compiling problem persists this is effecting my work and jobs!!! What is the fix for this adobe????

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 06, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got Error code 99, no clue what i means i wish they could just like... "Tell you" what the problem is, i am figuring out this problem for a few hours nows, i litteraly tried EVERY tip on this whole page... NOTHING works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Milan: If you haven't totally given up yet, does Judith's tip work for you? She found that changing the export destination folder to the root of her external drive worked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue when I upgraded to 2015.3.  I ended up restarting, deleting the video previews folders, and then starting Premiere holding Alt+Shift to reset the user profile and that seems to have solved my issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2016 1
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works for me, thx!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also try changing the preview file settings and codec in Sequence Settings. That worked for me today when this error unexpectedly appeared:

"Error compiling movie" when rendering or exporting

My sequence had been set at I-Frame Only MPEG, so I changed it to GoPro CineForm with Alpha.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2016 5
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this and all my work from the morning was lost. Really weird. I definitely saved the file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2016 0
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the video previews folder worked for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2017 4
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, thanks for letting us know.

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tracked down the clips that were causing the failure and in my case they each had Red Giant Colorista IV applied. Changing the opacity of those layers to 99% eliminated the error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the video preview files from the project also helped me. Was trying everything listed above to no success until this one. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After doing much of the other suggesting to no avail, re-opening the program while holding Alt+Shift after having saved and shut down seems to have been the solution to our shared exporting error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, upgraded to 2015.3 and i screwed my render in one especific project, i found out where its getting the error but there was just a video file, 0 changes, im right now trying to export with a "gap" in the video location to Re-render after, 10 hours of work because of my computer ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, spent 6 hours over 2 days with support,  multiple times they claimed it was an easy fix,  occasionally the problem would go away but inevitably on the following render it would be back.  Exporting as h.265 provided a temporary fix but now the problem is cropping up there as well.....

As a professional, this is completely unacceptable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2016 5
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same here, we're a small company, we pay every month... it's absolutely unacceptable.Capture d’écran 2017-01-06 à 12.12.57.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Walther,

Try removing any punctuation from your sequence and export naming schemes.

Thanks,

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue as well, this is really disappointing Adobe, I've had to work around so many awkward glitches like this when the workflow is simple and straightforward. *THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED.*

I'm using Avid for my next feature film, I cannot afford all the time and money lost to arbitrary troubleshooting every time I update Premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2016 3