Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Importing EDL/AAF to Premiere Pro 20

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to migrate from Avid Media Composer to Premiere Pro 20. The footage was shot on a c300ii that produces mxf video files. We edited the material on a Mac running Avid and now need to migrate to Windows running Premiere. Just to describe the case.

We first tried to export an aaf, as it seemed to be the easiest way possible. The thing is, that Premiere does not import the mxfs generated by Avid. So it imports the aaf but when premiere searches for the data it only finds the audio data, but not the video (makes sense, since I can't import avid mxfs at all). I thought that aafs would be capable of "realising" that the original data is already in the bin and would link it. It didn't.

So from there we thought, let's do it the "old way" and export an EDL from Avid to link the timeline to the original data (that is importable on Premiere). Now if I try to import the EDL it says (translated from German) "EDL import error - skipped at event 4"Unbenannt.JPG

I also tried importing the whole project to davinci and export it from there again. But apparently the newest davinci version and my computer are having a hard time in their relationship. I can't even import the original data. It does how ever open the aaf and displays the timeline correctly. Just with a lot of offline media.

I am beginning to be at the end of my wits. I really don't want to rebuild the whole project on Premiere... 

These are the media specifics from the same file. Right original, left the avid consolodated file.WhatsApp Image 2020-01-27 at 12.20.24.jpeg

I hope I covered all my prior solution strategies! I hope someone has an answer for me. Either for a way with aaf or edl, whatever works!

Best regards and a huge Thank you!

Konstantin

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Konstantin, did you manage to find a way on this? I am exactly same position, have been handed EDLs from avid editor and when I import I get the same error message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines