• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error importing Premiere Pro into After Effects

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm encountering an error when attempting to import Premiere into After Effects.

File/Import/Import Adobe Premiere Project...

The error I'm receiving reads: 

"After Effects: AEGP Plugin Premiere Pro Import: Can't load Premiere Pro project, the version number is wrong or the file is corrupt. ( 5027 :: 12 ) "

In the past I've been able to import a working sequence (multiple clips) without issue.

I've tested the same workflow with clean project files and I've received the same error, so file corruption probably isn't the issue. 

Premiere Pro 13.1.5

Media Encoder 13.1.5

After Effects 16.0.0

Mac OS 10.13.6

Please let me know if there is a fix for this. The workflow without this import feature is very painful. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Sure. You don't have a current After Effects. Mine is 16.1.3. The error message was all you needed. You have to keep all the Dynamically linked applications at proper version level to each other. IE: update one / update the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. You don't have a current After Effects. Mine is 16.1.3. The error message was all you needed. You have to keep all the Dynamically linked applications at proper version level to each other. IE: update one / update the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That fixed the issue. Now I need to figure out why the Creative Cloud app isn't showing the latest available updates (even after checking for updates), but that's an issue for a separate thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have the latest Creative Cloud app also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm having this issue on a brand new fast Puget Systems PC workstation.

My Creative Cloud app is updated, both AE and PP are updated and I can NOT get footage from Premiere to AE.

Getting the same error message. This issue is definitely not solved by just updating the apps.

@MyerPj any suggestions? I have a HUGE green screen edit that needs to get to AE for Keylight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I found a bizarre solution that worked for me. I went through every possible parameter that could be causing conflict. For some reason, there was a conflict with the audio clip associated with the video - specifically the keyframes. I removed all audio keyframes (de-selected the blue stopwatch) on both the Pan and Level under the Audio settings of each clip in the Effects Control...and its working. So weird.  Hopefully, that will help someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's good you are thinking Outside the Box. There have been some strange PP behavior and at times the solution was changing the Audio Hardware / Default Input user preference to No Input. So, you might check that, see if it is helpful anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines