• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message: Please run the Film Impact Installer

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help understanding what I'm supposed to do with the new error message. (pics included) 10 days ago I last used Pr, and did not have this message.  I opened the project last night, before I noticed the new update, and saw this message for the first time ever.  I don't know of the "Film Impact Installer", never heard of it, and I don't know where to find the installer or if it's even necessary.

I shutdown and updated (yay ProRes) but the message remains.  It has not prevented me from working on my project.  I'm about to export now and I don't think it will be an issue.  I'll update this post if there is any problems.  

Thanks for reading.  Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Win 10

Core i9-9900K

RTX 2080

64gb Ram

Pr Impact Installer Message.JPGPr Impact Installer Message 2.JPG

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Film Impact transition packs installed on your computer?

Go to Effects > Video Transitions and see if the Film Impacts transitions are listed:

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 6.09.47 AM.png

If they are there, and you are a licensed user, trying going to https://www.filmimpact.com and downloading the latest installer and reinstall your transitions.

If you are not a licensed user, on the same site, look for instructions for uninstalling.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Meg, but again I have no idea what that is.  I have the vanilla version, and have not downloaded any plug ins or 3rd party software.  I've only every updated via CC desktop app.  

There is no such item listed in my effects, having searched for it and found nothing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed the same issue this morning after updating Premiere yesterday. 

I've never installed or used the Film Impact transitions before, but I noticed their transitions are listed under video transitions in Premiere.  It appears that they were included with the latest version.  I have used a couple of them and they work.  I was also able to export the video with the transitions and there were no watermarks.  I received the error message telling me to run the Film Impact installer, but it seems to be working without running the installer.  I'm not even sure where to find the installer... I did check out Film Impact's website but didn't see a reason to install their latest software so I'll pass for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have the same issue since the last update. 

Additional infos, the new effects are twice in the PR effect list !!

Capture.JPG

The effects are twice in ..\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore

with different sub folders and file names. All file names in one folder are prefixed with AE_* !

But nothing in AE !

Jean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having this issue and it was driving me nuts! I did however install the transition pack from Adobe Exchange and it worked fine until the latest update of premiere, it looks like Film Impact also updated their free transition pack..

Uninstalling from exchange did not work, same issue. So what I did was I went to this folder in my C drive:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore

and I deleted the Film Impact folder which might be called "FilmImpact" or  "Film Impact Essentials Lite"

Rome this folder and premiere should no longer throw this error. If you dont use the transitions then you are good. I do use them and in my case I had both of these folders in my MediaCore folder I removed the "Film Impact Essentials Lite" folder and left the other one and Film Impact is still installed and the error is gone and the double entry in the fx list is also gone now. 

I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines