Error message: Premiere Pro requires access to the following folders: Documents, Desktop, Downloads

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to open Premier Pro, I get the above error message. My answer is "No. Absolutely not."
Why on earth would I give any app whatsoever access to my entire documents folder, desktop and downloads? But it won't open otherwise, so I need a workaround. Fast.  

2019 MBP running macOS 11.1. 

I'm really hoping this is a mistake.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro stores it's own folders of information in those places. For crying out loud, it doesn't read anything else. But your user profile with all your custom workspaces, your keyboard shortcuts file, your list of recent projects, all that stuff is what's stored in there. Your "local" Creative Cloud files ... all sorts of things Premiere needs to operate.

So ... you have to allow Premiere Pro to store it's files there. As you may be aware, many other apps do also.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more