Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error retrieving frame X at time Y during playback

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to use Primer Pro. 

I have converted the file to Mov from Mp4. I have renamed and redownloaded the file many times as well as remade the project. The sequence settings are generated based on the video iteself.

Problem:

The issueThe issue

They are in the same location as the project folder and device.

I am using Windows 10 Pro x64 with a Lenovo Y530 Laptop.

The file is 14 minutes 05 seconds, 720 by 1520, data rate 2695kbps, Frame rate 32.10, Mono, 285MB.

Premier Pro CC is up to date as of 20 minutes ago.

What is going wrong here?

The footage looks fine through VLC, why can't Adobe's "playback" actually play the video back?

Why does Adobe not have real time support especially given the cost of the suite?

I know this issue has been covered on here before but the cause was different and so was the solution. 

I have no intention of reinstalling Premier Pro, I would rather use a new editor.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ChrisRehmTech,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We can get this checked. Please let us know the source of the media file. Is this happening with any specific media or with all the media files? Also, the frame rate that you reported is a non-standard frame rate (32.1). Have you tried transcoding the file using any external transcoder like HandBrake and then tried importing the transcoded file in Premiere Pro? Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue also. Mine has green bars through the video. When I press play though I can see the video and hear the audio but video has the green bars. No clue whats going on but hard to work when a program you pay lots of money for doesnt work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sumeet,

The original file was an MP4:14 minutes 05 seconds, 720 by 1520, data rate 2695kbps, Frame rate 32.10, Mono, 285MB.

I converted it to MOV with 30 frames instead with Wondershare Uniconverter. 

This does happen with other files as well. Ever since I updated to CC 2020 I have had more issues. I now have a new issue where the application closses itself if it stutters for more than 30 seconds. 

I have a dedicated graphics card, an i7 and 16gb of ram. This is not something that should be happening with my specs and no other applications are causing the problem.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there any settings that could be adjusted? 

Photoshop also quits out if it feels like it's slowing down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines