Highlighted

Error while importing media!!

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use premiere pro cc 2020 and whenever i import a video..it shows.."Error retrieving frame 0 at time 00:00:00 from the file *****, substituting frame 0"..anyone who does know the fix for this..please do reply...am going mad here!!!

Topics

Audio, Crash, Error or problem, Export, Formats, Freeze or hang, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error while importing media!!

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use premiere pro cc 2020 and whenever i import a video..it shows.."Error retrieving frame 0 at time 00:00:00 from the file *****, substituting frame 0"..anyone who does know the fix for this..please do reply...am going mad here!!!

Topics

Audio, Crash, Error or problem, Export, Formats, Freeze or hang, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.  but more importantly, the properties of your source material.  Mediainfo will tell you things like frame rate, whether it's contant or variable frame rate, codec, pixel dimensions, etc

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

We can't help unless we have more information.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mgrenadier,

so the system specs are :

windows 10 home (1909)

os build : 18363.900

processor : Intel(R) core(TM) i7-8750H cpu @ 2.20GHZ  2.21GHZ

64 bit OS

graphics : Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1020Ti

RAM : 16 GB

Premiere Pro CC 2020

video details:

Frame width : 1920

Frame height : 1080

data rate : 10382kbps

total bitrate : 10514kbps

frame rate : 30.00 f/s

it is mp4 file.

I AM NOT ABLE TO IMPORT ANYTHING

THE THING IS WHEN I IMPORT IT KEPS SHOWING THE ERROR AND THEN

(NOT RESPONDING)!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it working properly in the past?  Have you done any updates recently?  If you do some searching in this forum, you'll see there are many reports of issues with a new nvidia driver and you'll get advice on which driver to rollback to, and I think I saw a post saying that there's a new nvidia drive that is working.  Although I haven't seen any reports with your symptoms, it's possible it's the cause of your problem.  

First thing, go to your project settings and change the renderer to software only and see if that solves the problem.  Then it's probably the driver.  

You might also try a different method of importing files.  There are 3 that I can think of at the moment, using the file: import dialog, using the media browser and just dragging directly from the os to a bin...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adarshrko,

Which camera shot the video? If it was a camera, try importing via the Media Browser and not File > Import. If the footage is not from a camera or camcorder, then the footage is suspect. Any suspect footage should be transcoded to codec and format which Premiere Pro can understand. Premiere Pro does not like non-pro formats, so transcoding almost always solves the issue. Use Media Encoder first. If that doesn't work, try the old standby transcoding tools? Handbrake, FFMPEG, or a variant from FFMPEG. 

Let us know if that worked for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines