• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error while importing XML file to Premiere Pro 2017.1.1 v.11.0

Explorer ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Pluraleyes 4 to sync the sequence with the external audio. When trying to import XML file with the synced sequence back to PP it is showing "The importer reported a generic error" message, even if I try to import it manually through File -> Import.

It's Premiere Pro 2017.1.1  v.11.0 on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

OK, I figured it out finally: PluralEyes 4.1.3 doesn't work with subclips in Premiere Pro, at least Windows version. After the sync is done the import back to Premiere generates "generic error" each time.

So, the only way to have it done is to sync first the entire clips and then to cut them with the audio replaced.

Just in case anybody else got the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still trying to find the cause of the problem, so I tried to import some old XML files generated by PluralEyes a month ago for another project and ... they work perfectly. So, it means that one of the latest updates, either of PPro, or PluralEyes caused some compatibility issue, which manifests in PPro being unable to import the synced sequence back from PluralEyes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing: I tried the same setup on another Windows machine with the same result, so this tells me that the problem is not related to any plugins I have installed in PPro, because the other computer has none of them. So, it have to be either PPro, or PluralEyes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I figured it out finally: PluralEyes 4.1.3 doesn't work with subclips in Premiere Pro, at least Windows version. After the sync is done the import back to Premiere generates "generic error" each time.

So, the only way to have it done is to sync first the entire clips and then to cut them with the audio replaced.

Just in case anybody else got the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean by " cut them with the audio replaced..." ??

should I sync it via extension on PP or standalone first? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hola, no entendí lo mismo que tú, pero lo que hice fue ir retirando por bloques de dispositivos, en mi caso tenía clips de 3 cámaras distintas, fui quitando en diversas sincronizaciones un tipo de cámara y nada, después se me occurio revisar los nombres de archivos como mp3 y en uno de ellos tenía dentro del nombre un punto además del carácter '&' cambié el nombre del archivo sin eso y listo, así que podrían revisar los nombres antes de enviar al PE puesto que ahí si hará la sincronización pero cuando vaya a adobe marcará error por esa razón tan ínfima quizás. Éxito en sus labores colegas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am on the latest version of premiere pro and still having this issue? I've tried all the workarounds and none work. I can not import an XML file created in pluraleyes to an adobe project.

PP: 13.1

PEyes: 4.1.3

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines