• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics: Global Change

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to make a global change to an Essential Graphic that is used numerous times in several timelines throughout a project? If not, that functionality MUST be added, or discontinuing the Legacy Title is real bad idea...

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to make a global change to an Essential Title that is used numerous times in several timelines throughout a project?

If not, discontinuing the Legacy Title is rel bad idea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

Also merged with duplicate message posted in the correct forum
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... I caught my mistake, which is why I posted again. Tried to delete the initial post, but that's not an option apparently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rarely use essential title, just use the text tool for simple titles and use photoshop to doing anything complex.  If you've got photoshop, this would be a workflow that would solve your problem because right clicking on your photoshop file in your timeline and opening it in photoshop would allow you to make changes which would be reflected in all uses of that clip (I think... probably a good idea to test).  Also, I think you could nest your graphic clip in your timeline and use the nest repeatedly.  by double clicking on the nest in a sequence, it would open in it's own timeline and any changes you make should be reflected in all uses of the nest.  If you'd want to make changes to just one use of the nest, you'd need to duplicate the nest and use the duplicate...  again, I'm pretty sure this how it works.  It's early monday morning in NYC and just finishing my first cup of coffee.  I may be mistaken in the exact workflow but both methods should work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nesting... duh. Why didn't I think of that. An extra step, but it solves my global change issue. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines