Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics (MORGT) render times

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Every week i'm working on a radioshow, which is a two hour show. To put track titles in the video, I use essential graphics with some text layers and a 3s animation in the beginning. I stretch the essential graphics layer out till around 3/5 minutes.

The problem is the render times, with approx. 30 tracks in two hours. With essential Graphics my render time takes around 6/7 hours. Without it's done in 40 minutes. That's a hell of a difference. Any idea what makes this essential graphics a mega issue with rendering times?

I use CUDA rendering.

Specs:

Intel i7-8700

64GB DDR4 Ram

RTX2080

Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB

Premiere pro 2019 (Latest version)

The now playing items are the essential graphics ones.

Thanks,

Ramon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Learn to work more efficiently with MoGRTs. Start using Render & Replace - apply this procedure while taking short breaks. Once a MoGRT has been 'rendered and replaced', it acts as any other footage type. If you chose an appropriate file format for the R & R clip, you can move footage below the R & R's track and still achieve realtime playback. And if you need to adjust or animated Transform properties for the R & R clip, look at the Effect Controls Panel's Motion Section instead of adjusting th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Learn to work more efficiently with MoGRTs. Start using Render & Replace - apply this procedure while taking short breaks. Once a MoGRT has been 'rendered and replaced', it acts as any other footage type. If you chose an appropriate file format for the R & R clip, you can move footage below the R & R's track and still achieve realtime playback. And if you need to adjust or animated Transform properties for the R & R clip, look at the Effect Controls Panel's Motion Section instead of adjusting the properties in the MoGRT; assuming such properties exist.

Additionally, look at using Framehold options on your R & R clip instead of time-stretching or time-remapping them to achieve a longer duration for your MoGRT.

HTH.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Roland said, what's happening in the Animation and are you the one creating the MOGRT? If so, does After Effects need to be installed for it to work, i.e. is it using any third-party plug-ins? This is important because doing so changes the way MOGRTs are processed in Premiere, meaning they would then be rendered with Dynamic Link.

If you're only using native AE features then it will actually use a headless version of After Effects that now lives inside of Premiere which makes processing significantly faster. I just tried this on a project and saw better performance in Premiere than I did in After Effects.

You can check a box when exporting to warn you if AE needs to be installed when using a MOGRT and you'll get a message in Premiere, but even if you (or the MOGRT creator) don't check it, this will still be the case if you're using third-party plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply's guys. I'm the one who made them in AE, so AE is definitely installed. No third party plugins are used. I'll try to use the render and replace function. Didn't knew about the existence of R&R, so thanks for that!

@Roland,

Thanks for the tips, I'll have a look into frame hold as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately R&R gives a black background and thus unusable since the tracks are on a transparent background 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to render and replace to a format with an alpha channel. You can make your own presets in Adobe Media Encoder or use one of the included presets like this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, let see if this saves time! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't forget that you can batch render (in the Timeline) clips with R & R - just select them and right-click to select R & R. Take a short break or even a lunch a break.

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd have popped in, but ... you already have two of the best guys in the world for mogrts advising, so I'm enjoying the comments. And they're right ... if you get sorted how to both build & apply them, they should work rather better for exporting than you've been getting. Not all the best choices ... are obvious ones, unfortunately.

But these guys are good.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roland. I have the same problem. I'm trying to render and refresh in my Adobe Pr 2019 a short part of a graphic but It takes forever. I need help. Thank you in advance for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just saw this post! I hope you've managed to find your way around. AeMoGRTs can get slow in terms of interactive performance if one is not careful during development - it's quite a slow platform. However, render times for AeMoGRTs in PPro and in AE are quite similar. We should see much better performance when AE's multiframe rendering gets plugged into the MoGRT architecture/platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines