• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics Nightmare?

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been editing for 30 years and I have y=to sat that  this new title tool is the worst set up I've ever seen.

WHY DID ADOBE DO THIS? 

The fact that I can't see how to create a simple circle with a red interior after being on this all day shows how bad this is.

SHAME ON YOU!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

The Essential Graphics Panel is definitely not perfect, but could you clarify what you're trying to do? Creating a circle with a red fill is a very easy thing to do, so maybe I'm not understanding.

Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 4.22.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Essential Graphics Panel is definitely not perfect, but could you clarify what you're trying to do? Creating a circle with a red fill is a very easy thing to do, so maybe I'm not understanding.

Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 4.22.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a red circle with white border by clicking on the new layer button and choosing ellipse,

Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 10.30.09 AM.png

or if you want to use the old titler to create it, go to the menu File > New > Legacy Title

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TLDR: use the pen tool, switch to either the circle or rectangle shape, and hold shift while dragging the shape.

OK so the method/workaround/"fix" is to use the pen tool to create the shape, as opposed to creating an essential graphics clip (with the Text Tool) and creating an ellipse or rectangle layer in the EG panel.  Go to the pen tool, click and hold, select either the circle or rectangle shape, and hold SHIFT while clicking and dragging the shape in the Program Monitor.  Doing this will draw a shape as well as create an Essential Graphics clip in your sequence timeline.  The shape you drew will appear as a Shape # layer in the EG panel.  Oddly enough, from that same clip you can create a new EG layer (either ellipse or rectangle) and it will create the usual imperfect shapes (not uniformly sized) and with these shapes you are NOT able to hold shift to drag and resize the shape so that it maintains uniform Height and Width.

This response is to this post, but also others like this:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/perfect-circle-in-premiere-pro-2017/td-p/9033312?page=1

That has since been locked for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines