Highlighted

Essential Graphics poor rendering

Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first ever experience with Essential Graphics, so no doubt this problem is down to my stupidity instead of a problem with the software.

I created a simple template in After Effects 2020.  The template consists of a static vector background (AI file imported as merged footage into AE), a static vector logo (again AI file imported as merged footage into AE), and finally some text (written in AE, and the text is what the Essential Graphics template was created for).

Anyway, so I import the Essential Graphics template in to Premiere, I add it to my timeline, I edit the text parameters I defined in AE .... everything in the world is looking amazing !

Then the misery starts...

I attempt to export the file from Premiere, I choose all the best settings (1080p HD preset, and tick "maximum render quality").  I let export do its thing.  I opent the resulting file and the output is shocking, its blured, its grainy, it just looks rubbish ... not at all what you would expect from something that started off as vector ?

When I first added the Essential Graphics to my Premiere timeline, I had to dial-down the fxMotion Scale beause the graphics was showing up way too large... but I can't imagine that has anything to do with my problem ?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Essential Graphics poor rendering

Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first ever experience with Essential Graphics, so no doubt this problem is down to my stupidity instead of a problem with the software.

I created a simple template in After Effects 2020.  The template consists of a static vector background (AI file imported as merged footage into AE), a static vector logo (again AI file imported as merged footage into AE), and finally some text (written in AE, and the text is what the Essential Graphics template was created for).

Anyway, so I import the Essential Graphics template in to Premiere, I add it to my timeline, I edit the text parameters I defined in AE .... everything in the world is looking amazing !

Then the misery starts...

I attempt to export the file from Premiere, I choose all the best settings (1080p HD preset, and tick "maximum render quality").  I let export do its thing.  I opent the resulting file and the output is shocking, its blured, its grainy, it just looks rubbish ... not at all what you would expect from something that started off as vector ?

When I first added the Essential Graphics to my Premiere timeline, I had to dial-down the fxMotion Scale beause the graphics was showing up way too large... but I can't imagine that has anything to do with my problem ?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What parameters for text and graphics sizing did you allow (add to) the EG panel in Ae? I think it would be useful to see the comp in Ae and the setup back in Premiere also. Drag/drop screen grabs into your text reply area so we can see them.

And download & read through the free from Adobe ebook by Jarle Leirpoll, "Making Mogrts" as that would probably have the answer you need.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0