• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

essential graphics: round circle, line, alignment...

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello!

i use adobe premiere pro 2020 ond win 10.

i am wondering a few things about essential graphics. maybe someone can shed light on my questions:

1) how to do a perfectly round circle or perfect square within the essential graphics? i can create an ellipse or rectangle. but i am missing the numeric settings for adjusting the size/ratio like i find them in AI (Illustrator) or PS. holding shift does not do the trick.

2) i want to create a line (like with the path tool) within the essential graphics. an actual line, not a narrow rectangle that looks like a line. how?

3) how can i align multiple essential graphics? i can't seem to grab the graphics and align them like i'm used from AI.

4) i am generally lacking numeric settings for the shapes and text i create with essential graphics. i would like to adjust the size of e.g. a rectangle like i can do it in AI. All i found is "Scale" in the effects panel and in the essential graphics panel (align and transform) which does not say anything about the size in pixels. same for text, i would like to see the text size in pt (12, 16, 24...) and not in %. 

at the moment these essential graphics seem rather useless to me. it's nice and easy to implement and use them, but no good for exact, stringent work. maybe i just don't get it.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Irinah,

I've you want to make a perfect square or circle you can do that in your program window. Hold ctrl+shift and draw it!grab.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. Line; you draw a narrow rectagular.

3. shift or cntrl click to select all and align in the the Ess Graphic panel with the align tools or use the Snap in Monitor feature (wrench Program monitor).

4. If you want exact drawing use the Guides they can be set to pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TLDR: use the pen tool, switch to either the circle or rectangle shape, and hold shift while dragging the shape.

OK so the method/workaround/"fix" is to use the pen tool to create the shape, as opposed to creating an essential graphics clip (with the Text Tool) and creating an ellipse or rectangle layer in the EG panel.  Go to the pen tool, click and hold, select either the circle or rectangle shape, and hold SHIFT while clicking and dragging the shape in the Program Monitor.  Doing this will draw a shape as well as create an Essential Graphics clip in your sequence timeline.  The shape you drew will appear as a Shape # layer in the EG panel.  Oddly enough, from that same clip you can create a new EG layer (either ellipse or rectangle) and it will create the usual imperfect shapes (not uniformly sized) and with these shapes you are NOT able to hold shift to drag and resize the shape so that it maintains uniform Height and Width.

This response is to this post, but also others like this:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/perfect-circle-in-premiere-pro-2017/td-p/9033312?page=1

That has since been locked for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines