Highlighted

essential graphics: round circle, line, alignment...

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello!

i use adobe premiere pro 2020 ond win 10.

i am wondering a few things about essential graphics. maybe someone can shed light on my questions:

1) how to do a perfectly round circle or perfect square within the essential graphics? i can create an ellipse or rectangle. but i am missing the numeric settings for adjusting the size/ratio like i find them in AI (Illustrator) or PS. holding shift does not do the trick.

2) i want to create a line (like with the path tool) within the essential graphics. an actual line, not a narrow rectangle that looks like a line. how?

3) how can i align multiple essential graphics? i can't seem to grab the graphics and align them like i'm used from AI.

4) i am generally lacking numeric settings for the shapes and text i create with essential graphics. i would like to adjust the size of e.g. a rectangle like i can do it in AI. All i found is "Scale" in the effects panel and in the essential graphics panel (align and transform) which does not say anything about the size in pixels. same for text, i would like to see the text size in pt (12, 16, 24...) and not in %. 

at the moment these essential graphics seem rather useless to me. it's nice and easy to implement and use them, but no good for exact, stringent work. maybe i just don't get it.

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

essential graphics: round circle, line, alignment...

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello!

i use adobe premiere pro 2020 ond win 10.

i am wondering a few things about essential graphics. maybe someone can shed light on my questions:

1) how to do a perfectly round circle or perfect square within the essential graphics? i can create an ellipse or rectangle. but i am missing the numeric settings for adjusting the size/ratio like i find them in AI (Illustrator) or PS. holding shift does not do the trick.

2) i want to create a line (like with the path tool) within the essential graphics. an actual line, not a narrow rectangle that looks like a line. how?

3) how can i align multiple essential graphics? i can't seem to grab the graphics and align them like i'm used from AI.

4) i am generally lacking numeric settings for the shapes and text i create with essential graphics. i would like to adjust the size of e.g. a rectangle like i can do it in AI. All i found is "Scale" in the effects panel and in the essential graphics panel (align and transform) which does not say anything about the size in pixels. same for text, i would like to see the text size in pt (12, 16, 24...) and not in %. 

at the moment these essential graphics seem rather useless to me. it's nice and easy to implement and use them, but no good for exact, stringent work. maybe i just don't get it.

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 18, 2020 0

Have something to add?