Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics shutting down Premiere 2018

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I'm on day 3 of trying to fix this problem. I'm in the middle of a project with a deadline.

Was using the essential graphic tab with multiple MOGRT files before. Was working fine. I downloaded a MOGRT file from the client and all of a sudden premiere HATES it when I try and click open my essential graphics window.

I've tried:

Deleting all of my MOGRT files in the source file

Resetting to default layout

Restarting Premiere

Reseeding external hard drive

Opening and trying in different project

Using Premiere CC 2018 12.0 - MAC OS 10.13.1

Would LOVE the help!!! Anything please!!

Cheers

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mogrt you got from your client ... is that still in the "system" of files for Pr 2018? Check all the on-disc locations you or Pr may have parked that file. Oh ... including your CC Libraries even.

I'm wondering if that is perhaps made in the 2019 versions, and would have issues with 2018 quite possibly though it shouldn't be this toxic.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil! Good thought. I've deleted any MOGRT files from the Adobe root folder in my computer and in Pr.

This may be a dumb question, but just to make sure, I didn't delete the 'Dynamic Link' folders within my root folder. Is this something I should delete?

As a reference, here is where I deleted my MOGRTs from: Users/???/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common

I even did a search on my computer for the old MOGRT and it couldn't find the file on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you removed it from where you had originally parked it? That should do it ... but ... read through the section here on motion graphics, looking for any location information.

Premiere Pro     https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere_pro_reference.pdf

Also check your CC app for the Assets/files information, check that folder also.
Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link Neil.

I HAVE deleted the original MOGRT file from my premiere project, my Adobe root files, and on my hard drive.

I can NOT get into the 'Essential Graphics' tab at all. Premiere immediately shuts down. The problem can't be just limited to this one project I imported it into. I tried opening a completely separate project file and tried opening the 'Essential Graphics' tab, and PR shut down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my phone so I can't easily paste the link. Go to the Overview page of this forum, there are links there at the top. Search for the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool.

Download that tool, and use it to do BOTH the uninstall and cleanup of Pr.

Reboot. Install a fresh copy from the CC app and see if you are working again.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil,

Thanks for the link! However, I am a bit hesitant to uninstall premiere and re-download it. I am in middle of a project. Even if I have the latest Premiere version, will I be able to get all my information/timelines back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project files are unaffected by reinstalling. You could lose some of your preferences but you can copy or rename the preferences and .kys keyboard shortcuts file. You can also sync up to your CC files then sync from the CC after the process.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Missjosephine16

Still having trouble? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just go to  C:\Users\Pashmina\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Essential Graphics  (--for version older than 2018)

or

C:\Users\Pashmina\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Essential Graphics  (--for version 2019+)

and delete all files. it will work like a charm.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still not working on my Adobe premiere pro cc 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines