• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every project crashes on open...unless I create new untitled project first.

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not seen this elsewhere... When I launch Premier 14.4 on my 2020iMac5K, it goes into a freeze state (and displays an old-school wristwatch icon) EVERY time I try to open ANY project.  However, I can create a NEW untitled project, and then open any existing project from the File menu at that point. This is how I've had to start every work session for weeks now, as I can't seem to find an answer. Am I alone with this one?

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem. I tried reinstalling premiere but nothing change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you might try creating a new user account with administrative privileges and see if it's something in your original user account that's screwy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean in Creative Cloud? Premier is the only app I'm having problems with. I'm not sure I follow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I created a new user account on my computer, and was able to directly open an existing project. But I have days worth of tweaking my primary user account to my preferences, account settings for various apps and the like, and would like to see if there is a less disruptive solution to this issue. Any thoughts on this are much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines