• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Excerpting from One Large File

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This week I started to learn Premier Pro in order to edit a home movie.  My source for creating a montage of excerpts is one file with approx two hours of video.  My goal is to create a video compilation consisting of approximately 30 short segments.  My question is how do I best do that?  After some hours of learning about the interface and basic editing functions, I seemed to have missed some critical information that would guide me in acccomplishing this.  

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Thank you, yes, I agree 100%!!!  I will check out Primere Elements.

PS  Of course after I posted my question I figured it out!  The solution was to use the "in" and "out" markers while viewing in the "Source" panel.  That seeemed to be what I missed seeing in the tutorials.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere is a very deep professional program with a steep learning curve and you might be better off seeing if something like premiere elements is more suited to your needs.   You might also hire someone to get you over the hump via a few zoom sessions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, yes, I agree 100%!!!  I will check out Primere Elements.

PS  Of course after I posted my question I figured it out!  The solution was to use the "in" and "out" markers while viewing in the "Source" panel.  That seeemed to be what I missed seeing in the tutorials.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I believe that "subclips" is a better way to accomplish the task.  TY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines