Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

executing exe from CEP panel, stops executing after several seconds

Contributor ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ppro fellows,

I use  CEP HTML Test Extension penel to execute my exe. 

The panel works fine, (my exe  generates my custom UI) . Once I press ok button my exe  generates png frame sequence.

For a while I thought everything worked great. 

However, a strange thing started happening. If png sequence is not too long (less then 250-300 frames)

the png generation works currectly. However, if running time exceeds some  limit exe simply stops executing and my UI window hangs.  

Needless to say, that if I start exe as standalone, the problem disappears. So javascript is the culprit.

Do you have any idea on why this could be happening?

Yaroslav.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , SDK , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addition, by "running time" I mean png generation time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea; [above] seems unrelated to PPro's ExtendScript APIs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be running out of memory for a child process, can you proivde your sample code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought about it too. 

But probably it is not it. Here is the reason. My exe generates png sequence. I changed the resolution  of my png frames 8fold. Each png was enlarged 8 times. But still, the child process generated the same amount of frames (I would expect it to generate approximately 8 times smaller amount due to memory issues).

There is no sample code, that is the problem! I simply put the path to my exe into Adobe CEP Test panel 1 ->Native functions -> ProcessAPIs. That was it. It started executing my exe but with this flow. Generates about 290-300 frames then stops.  I suspect probably there is some time limitation on execution in Adobe CEP Test panel 1. Do you think it is possible?

Actually, I'm thinking about writing primitive test exe generating empty pngs just to check if it will stop at 290-300 frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the precise same command line run, without stopping, when executed directly from the system (and not through a panel)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It runs without stopping when executing directly from the system. I also wrote my own rudimentary cep panel for ppro which creates child process running my exe. Again, no problems or time limitations. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines