Highlighted

Experiening slow performance with the new 2020-update

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are anyone else experiencing a serious decrease in performance with the new 2020-update? It's nearly unbearable to work in now, even with previously compressed files. 

The latest 2019-version performs better on the same iMac, this is why I am posting this to the community. 

I am also experiencing minor bugs, like problems toggling full screen. 

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Experiening slow performance with the new 2020-update

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are anyone else experiencing a serious decrease in performance with the new 2020-update? It's nearly unbearable to work in now, even with previously compressed files. 

The latest 2019-version performs better on the same iMac, this is why I am posting this to the community. 

I am also experiencing minor bugs, like problems toggling full screen. 

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

In 4K colorgrading in 2019 Premiere my nVidia GeForce 1060 6G was 80-90% load, but now is only 5% 😞 (Driver ver 441.12 Studio)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am having mutliple issues with the 2020 update. Examples include laggy playback, frame skipping when key-framing speed ramps, and issues with previewing color grading. I think many people are having the same issues and we should make an effort for Adobe to see this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue!!! I updated the 2020 version today, and now is very slow, same issue with the speed ramps. I even updated my graphic drivers but nothing worked.

I need help ASAP 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, on my 2018 MBP. It makes the whole Mac super slow! Cannot do anything. Hope Adobe will fix this soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea this is super bad 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So frustrating! My pimped-out super-expensive desktop PC (8th gen Intel) has become super laggy yet my Dell XPS15 (9th gen Intel) runs Premiere without issue. This is ridiculous because it's not the first time Adobe has dropped the ball. In May 2019 I had the same issue, and after spending about 3 hours on the phone with Adobe Tech the remedy was to open a second Premiere project and then close it, then the first project runs properly.  Unfortunately this doesn't work with Premiere 2020.

Also, issues with full screen not functioning properly. I figured out a fix for this: open Display Preferences in Windows 10 and click Detect, leave Display Pref open and go back to Premiere, now full-screen (CTRL + ~) works properly.

I enabled an XMP (ram profile) in my desktop BIOS and now my RAM is running faster but this has not fixed anything in Premiere.  Please fix this ASAP Adobe! I might actually switch to Resolve if this continues much longer.  😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, 2020 runs well, I think it's a tick faster then 2019.

Jeff you might want to look at your 'pimped-out' machine. There's something in your machine holding it back. Start with trying to eliminate any motherboard manufacture's drivers. Espectially note the audio drivers and any special audio software from MB. Also, any software like 'head-up display' (on-screen display) etc. If you really want to experiement I suggest you get an SSD, small one even, put a clean Windows on there and then only PP and see how it goes. You can put back in your current boot drive at any time.

Don't install anything from the MB maker. After you test, see how PP runs, you can add things back and keep checking PP. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip MyerPj.  After trying this (to no avail) I tried my old solution again (open a second Premiere project and then close it -see original reply) and it works now! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should a simple update require this whole workaround?  My Premiere is doing the same thing and all I did was automatically install the new update and now its unusable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand your question. What update fixed your problem? Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines