• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exponential Fade Won't Drag to Clip

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to drag exponential fade onto the end of an audio clip, and whenever I click to drag it, the little hand icon gets a crossbar next to it indicating I cannot drag it. How do I fix this? Screenshot below of the crossbar next to the hand

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Need to drag it all the way to cut in the timeline.

drag.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well!!!  I have been using Adobe Premiere for about 20 years now and this is a new glitch I have never encountered!!  But THAT was the solve!!!  Put your blue timeline marker- the one that tells you where you are in the timeline, BEFORE you try to drop in the effect!  Who knew?  That's crazy!  I tried every which way but that!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know this question was posted ages ago, but I came here looking for the solution to this problem today so I assume it may still be relevant for some people.

I right-clicked on exponential fade and selected 'set selected as default transition'. Then I right-clicked on the audio I wanted to apply it to and clicked 'apply default transition'. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, does.
The problem is also solved by dragging the exponential fade to the very end of the clip, I myself missed that detail at first, and thought it didn't work – but I was not dragging it close enough to the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my situation, none of the responses here helped.

I was not only struggling with applying the audio transistions, specifically the "Exponential Fade," to my audio ("A1") track. It would work on other audio tracks ("A2") but not A1. None of these answers helped me. The solution I found that worked for me was to turn off my audio keyframes (click the "Clip Keyframes" under the "Show Keyframes" button on the A1 "sources"). It turned off my keyframes but I was able to apply the audio transition(s) and then turn the audio keyframes back on after the fact. 

Good "luck."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For fade out, dragging it anywhere the end works.

But for fade in, I had to drag it onto the little white box on the left end of the audio clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines