Highlighted

Export 2.0 and 5.1 audio in the same file

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to export a ProRes 422 HQ containing both 2.0 and 5.1 audio within the same video file.

Does anyone know if this is possible as I can only seem to export one or the other via File>Export>Media>Audio>Audio Channel Configuration?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Richard M Knight | Adobe Community Professional

If you set up a sequence as an 8 channel multitrack with your stereo mix on tracks 1 and 2 and the surround on 3 to 8 then use these export settings:

stereo and surround.PNG

I've never done this but it is a good place to start.

TOPICS
Audio, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export 2.0 and 5.1 audio in the same file

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to export a ProRes 422 HQ containing both 2.0 and 5.1 audio within the same video file.

Does anyone know if this is possible as I can only seem to export one or the other via File>Export>Media>Audio>Audio Channel Configuration?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Richard M Knight | Adobe Community Professional

If you set up a sequence as an 8 channel multitrack with your stereo mix on tracks 1 and 2 and the surround on 3 to 8 then use these export settings:

stereo and surround.PNG

TOPICS
Audio, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, like in Europe they at times have to export with say 5.1, stereo, and maybe five different talking tracks in different languages.

You need to set your sequence up for all of that first.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil.

So you're aware I have a 2.0 wav file and second wav file that's 5.1 (both supplied by the projects Sound Designer). I have set-up a new sequence with one video track (final video) and two audios tracks (1 x 5.1 and 1 x 2.0). But when I attempt to export the file via File>Export>Media>Audio>Audio Channel Configuration I cannot export both 2.0 and 5.1 within the same ProRes file.

Can you give any guidance in terms of getting past this so both 2.0 and 5.1 can be exported and included within the same ProRes 422 HQ file? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stereo and surround.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 3
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant, thanks Richard. That's working now. Cheers!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0