• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export a timeline as individual clips

Participant ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be a way to do this - in Davinici it's literally a check box on export.

Please can someone help me

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Hey there –

We kept hearing this question so we created this tutorial for how to export your timeline as individual clips! 

I'm also talking with our designers about how to work this feature into a more intuitive spot in the app! Thanks for bringing this to us.

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I am misunderstanding you, simply set IN and OUT markers on your timeline and tell export to use those markers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to export everything on my timeline as individual clips. That would export everything as one film.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render and replace achieves what you are looking for: Render and replace media in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok this is ALMOST a good work around although you can't be that specific about export settings using this function. I need to export max bit rate mp4. So I could export everything to prores using this then re export but that seems a bit laboured

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But not if you have any extra effects, such as slowing down footage from 60p to 24p.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try the Project Manager under the File menu and choose the Consolidate and Transcode option.

It is a bit clunky and doesn't quite work in the same way as a Resolve Individual Clips render but it might get you what you need in your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem as render and replace with this option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could first do render and replace and then batch render those clips to mp4... Not ideal though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can import any preset you want.
Create the Preset using Media Encoder (Make sure "Match source" is selected for everything)

In the Project manager panel, click "Import preset" and import what you just created with AME.
To be able to use this preset, your source must be set to "Preset"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trent and a couple others have given the main current workable option ... Render & Replace. I have actually done some grading jobs in Premiere ... just to push the heck out of it with my Elements surface. And this works ok. I do wish one could 'queue' this to ME, though ... that would be a huge plus.

And yes, I've put in my requests with the development team for this also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Render and Replace, you could try creating your desired H.264 encoding preset and then import that preset in Render and Replace.

Another possible option is to select all clips in the Timeline and drag them to a Bin/Folder in the Project panel. Select all these clips in Project panel, right-click and choose Export Media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trent .. .the problem with the second option you give is the changes to the clips in the sequence STAY with the sequence ... so when you select a clip, drag to a bin, then export ... you are exporting the original clip.

You don't get the changes such as color corrective work. Which is often the reason for wanting to export clips from a sequence. Those changes in Premiere live only in the Seqeunce data.

So for exporting with clip-applied effects, you have to do the Render & Replace.

Which ... doesn't allow for queuing to Me, sadly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, you are correct. The second option would not include effects and Render and Replace is an in-process operation (does not queue to Media Encoder)

Thanks for noting those omissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So am i right in thinking there is no solution or work around at present?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Render & Replace command, after installing a preset that fits your export needs, will work. All clips will be in the folder specified, with the exact same names as the originals, but in the format/codec of your choice. And with all effects as applied in the sequence.

As you can't queue that to MediaEncoder (Me) ... it doth mean that until the "render" of the new transcoded files is done, Pr will be completely occupied. So ... it's nice to do when you're going to be taking a break as for lunch or end-of-day if there's a number of clips to process.

This is the process I use for exporting both things I've simply graded in Lumetri, or for when I have done a fair amount of "heavy" work to some clips, and wish to "bake" that into the clip permanently. And then use that newly "baked" clip, with all the effects already processed, to do further work in a timeline.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addendum ... MAKE SURE that the little check-box in the lower right corner of the Render & Replace dialog ... "Include Video Effects" ... is checked!

I've done an export of a number (ahem ... ) of ProRes files after grading ... then realized I hadn't made sure that box was checked. Well, it was a Learning Experience, right?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I'm about to try this out but when I go to 'import preset' it just takes me to finder. Where are the presets stored?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok I found it Screenshot 2019-04-30 at 11.21.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK now that's ALMOST it - seems to be exporting with effects but then this is really weird - every clip is exactly ten seconds but they are exporting to 4 seconds. I've tried the preset using the normal way through premiere and it works fine. I have 'include handles' unchecked. I can't see anything else to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the clips trimmed to 4 seconds in the Timeline? Render and Replace will encode the duration of the clips in the Timeline. So, if they are trimmed, it will encode to that trimmed duration. Enable Handles will add the specified amount of frames to head and tail of clip. If you want the entire 10 second duration of the clips, but clip are trimmed to shorter duration in Timeline, add Handles to get you to the entire 10 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No they are all trimmed to exactly 10 seconds in the timeline.

I spent 55 minutes on a call to Adobe support earlier - they are usually good but sadly this guy couldn't get his head around what I was trying to achieve. I guess that's the problem when they are trained purely technically and are not aware of a workflows needs. it was a language barrier as much as anything. Pretty tedious!

Any other thoughts? It seems very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Offhand, is there any frame rate mismatch going on? eg: Does your preset match the frame rate of your clips? Also, in Render and Replace did you set Source: to Individual Clips? Did you apply Interpret Footage frame rate changes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I thought frame rates could have been the problem but everything is 25fps source, export settings etc. It also does the same if i use the default export settings.

'include video effects' is greyed out if you select individual clips but either way they still come out at 4 secs instead of 10.

thanks for your patience - any other ideas?

s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, that is odd. Regarding Individual Clips, I was just trying to see if maybe Sequence setting might show a difference (eg: Sequence settings different than clip)

If you select one of the clips in the Timeline and Match Frame (F key) or double-click, does the Source monitor also correctly show it as 10 second duration?

Would it be possible to supply a simple Project (with clips) and your preset that reproduces this issue? That would help with investigation.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines