Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export and Ingest presets advice

Explorer ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

....I'm new to working with proxies and trying to establish a good workflow. What codecs would be recommended for making export and ingest presets for proxy files to work with 4k footage? My cameras are Panasonic UX90 and my aerial camera is a DJI Mavic Air2... I'm working on a new Windows/PC system (i9/10 core/GeoForce RTX 3060/64GB RAM) with Premiere Pro CC (latest version).

Also,, my camera format options are MOV, MP4 and AVCHD on the UX90 and MOV, MP4 on the drone.

Would I be best to keep everything MP4 for editing on the system listed above? ((not networking or sharing projects .....just gonna be me working on that system).

Thanks in advance.

~Andrew

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gotta say that if you were editing 20 years ago, you may still be thinking about what hard drive prices were like then.  I think I got an additional 2 gig drive for my first offline avid.  It cost about $2000 dollars.  Drives today are sooo much cheaper, I'd keep all the footage...  But yes, your suggested workflow should work fine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes for sure ....I remember buying my first flatscreen tv ...it was $1,200 for a 32"

I thought it was the best thing ever ....was probably 720p  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For your workflow, you could import the camera original b-roll into Premiere Pro, create Sub-clips, and then transcode Sub-clips to ProRes by selecting the Sub-clips and then choosing File > Export Media... (or right-click).

If you've set the ingest settings for the PR project to automatically create proxy files, you'd probably want to use a separate project for sub-clipping b-roll and sending it for transcoding where that setting is disabled.

Or... you could use Adobe Prelude for this.  It's what it's meant for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Warren....

....I'm getting ready to jump in and do some experimenting on fine tuning my workflow. I'm gonna take all the tips, ideas and advice and see if I can get something going that works good for me.

I really appreciate the help!!

Best,

~Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines