• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export as avi uncompressed no video when played what should be chosen ?

Participant ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

CS3.

I had a clip where most of the tape was blank so rather than store 20gb of mostly nothing, I placed it in PremierePro CS3, deleted the dead part, went file export movie selected uncompressed as I have captured it via firewire from a Hi8 player to CS3 on a laptop, I presume its uncompressed, did this so as to have a pure file to edit , and keep purity when doing so, so wish to save it as same quality as the file before deleting the unwanted bit.

result was GREATER 24Gb v 20Gb, and when played only gave audio.

What have I done wrong, how do I keep this same quality no lossage as what it started as ?

I see options for Uncompressed Microsoft avi, Microsoft avi and Microsoft dv avi, should I have chosen dv avi as thats how I captured it, getting 20Gb for 1.5hrs Hi8 tape.  and is that uncompressed or what, as I always understood avi was pure pedigree, like tiff versus jpg.

How do I stop edited avi going even bigger as I have captured loads of Hi8 tapes, filled up a usb HDD and cannot have them going even bigger. I need to carefully edit together clips from a tape getting rid of the squiffy bits and create a pure unglitchy movie. I reckoned on .avi and premiere would allow for this, not yet found a video editor that I am happy with that works on .mp3

Took me 40 mins to find a youtube on a simple how to delete part of a clip, thought there would be tons on this.

Seems archaic one positions cursor then tries to cut exactly on it visually with a razor icon, is there not a key to cut at cursor, I hit C and got the razor, then positioned it on cursor red line on the timeline numbered ruled area, clip didnt split, needed to position it on the video clip itself, but I want it frame perfect, not sure if doing it that way makes it so ? I positioned the cursor red line using the play controls trying to dop a frame by frame movement with them, arrow key clicked on I think is that. but to have to try and place a razor icon exactly on the red line seems scary., and what if you want to delete to end of a clip, does one red line it beyond the end ?

Merlin3

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?