Export bad quality when uploading to social media??

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

(Included 2 images in this post so you can see quality differences in the original file and YouTube) 

So I have some GoPro footage edited of about 7 minutes and when exporting looking at the file itself on the computer it looks great... sending it over to my phone in the original format looks great to... however when I upload it to instagram or youtube the smoothness of the video goes away and it starts to look all grainy and a little blurry. mind you there is allot of movement going on and FYI some things to know:

- My edit contains footage from my GoPro mixed with 1080p, 4K, 2K and 240fps, 60fps clips and my edit has some images in it, also a few clips from my iphone and some screen recordings from my iphone.

- 80% of my clips are 1080p 60 fps, about 4 clips are actually 4K and 2 are 2K and about 5 clips are 1080p 240fps

- My final export is 1080p 59,94fps 

- I have messed around with the bitrate and tried exporting 15mps 2vbr and 65mps 2vbr both have the

same outcome when uploaded on social media. 

- I tried exporting it as 4K, same outcome.

- Render at maximum depth is on.

- Profile = high.

- Level: 5.1 

- Main platforms I want it on are: YouTube and Instagram. 

So yeah like I said the exported file itself looks great, even in the preview panel in premiere on 1/2 it looks great... it's only when I upload it that it looks bad. and it makes me feel like I have done all this work for nothing! 

So if anyone has some tips please let me know! maybe I'm just not seeing something or doing something wrong. 

Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export, Formats, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export bad quality when uploading to social media??

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

(Included 2 images in this post so you can see quality differences in the original file and YouTube) 

So I have some GoPro footage edited of about 7 minutes and when exporting looking at the file itself on the computer it looks great... sending it over to my phone in the original format looks great to... however when I upload it to instagram or youtube the smoothness of the video goes away and it starts to look all grainy and a little blurry. mind you there is allot of movement going on and FYI some things to know:

- My edit contains footage from my GoPro mixed with 1080p, 4K, 2K and 240fps, 60fps clips and my edit has some images in it, also a few clips from my iphone and some screen recordings from my iphone.

- 80% of my clips are 1080p 60 fps, about 4 clips are actually 4K and 2 are 2K and about 5 clips are 1080p 240fps

- My final export is 1080p 59,94fps 

- I have messed around with the bitrate and tried exporting 15mps 2vbr and 65mps 2vbr both have the

same outcome when uploaded on social media. 

- I tried exporting it as 4K, same outcome.

- Render at maximum depth is on.

- Profile = high.

- Level: 5.1 

- Main platforms I want it on are: YouTube and Instagram. 

So yeah like I said the exported file itself looks great, even in the preview panel in premiere on 1/2 it looks great... it's only when I upload it that it looks bad. and it makes me feel like I have done all this work for nothing! 

So if anyone has some tips please let me know! maybe I'm just not seeing something or doing something wrong. 

Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export, Formats, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 19, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like something to check with YouTube and Instagram, or with your internet connection.

Are you playing back the videos in full quality? Did the platforms finish processing, sometimes it takes a while before the full quality video is available?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YouTube will mess with bitrates working to keep the streaming load down. From a number of comments I've seen, going with a high fps like 59.94 typically results in their dropping the data per frame down, to keep the total bitrate per second within "normal". So if you send say a 29.97 file, it actually gets twice the bitrate per frame ... as there's half the frames per second ... so total data streamed is the same, but the image is better.

You might try that.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 0