• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export causes intro and outro to become pixelated

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am quite new video editing and using premiere pro so please excuse if this is an easy fix.

I have a video shot on a mobile phone (quite low quality) that needs an intro and outro.

I have created an intro/outro using shapes, text boxes and a high quality image all in Premiere. 

It looks fine when watching the preview, but when exported the intro and outro become quite low quality compared to what it should be. 

I believe this is because my export is matching my source file which is low quality.

How do I ensure my intro and outro are better quality? Attached is my export summary. 

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chloe,

I'm inserting your screenshot below so that people others don't have to download the PNG to see your example.

I see the that source sequece is 568x320, as well as your output settings. Is 568x320 the size of your source footage? Honestly, by today's standards, 568x320 is pretty low quality to begin with. 

As far as the sequence goes, even if you have super high-quality images, if you're only exporting to 568x320 size, the entire video is going to look pretty small (or low-quality) on most modern screens that typically have sizes of HD (1920x1080) or 4K (3840x2160). Just doing a little math, 568x320 isn't even half of HD.

As a "fix," you could create a sequece closer to HD or SD and bring everything into that. If your source footage is only 568x320, then that's not going to look as good (and you'll have to upscale it). But everything else, assuming that it's all higher quality, will look better.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines