• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export crashes PP and ME no matter what I’ve tried

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with a 2019 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz i9, 32GB memory and the Pro Vega 20 4GB. I'm trying to export a 5 minute 1440p project in H.264 for YouTube and it keeps causing my PP or ME to crash every time. I've tried unchecking the boxes that all the posts say to and checking software encoding every time and I can't get the project to export. I've updated to the newest MacOS (Big Sur) and nothing is changing. I have gotten it to export til about 20% left and both PP and ME crash. What am I doing wrong??

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to check your're not running out of ram, in Edit/Preferences/Memory how much do you have reserved for your system?

Under File/Projects ettings/General - what do you have set as the 'renderer'?

Under Edit/Preferences/Media - do you have "hardware accelerated decoding/encoding" ticked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to run "memtest86" overnight to see if you system has any faulty sectors of ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently noticed an error that mentioned "masks" but only because I was able to take pic of the little red box before premiere crashed. I removed all the masks I had and it finally started to export until I got an error 512 "compiling movie" because I used Gaussian blur. I've never had a problem using these simple effects in Premiere before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 26 GB available for Premiere, (I always close all programs when working in Premiere)

I have tried both the Mercury playback engine GPU accelerator and the Software only. 

I have tired both hardware accelerated encoding checked and not checked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the hang up might be the effects in the project. I might try to replace all clips with effects with AE comps but I didn't want to have to it's just really simple stuff. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone from Adobe actually say something on this?! It's been cropping up a lot recently and this is an absolute pain [edited by moderator] to work with.

Just keep trying the export, it will randomly decide to work eventually, it's been like this for a lot of people recently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a little update, I've replaced all clips with effects with AE comps after clearing AE cache and it started to export fine. Will update again if it actually finishes for once. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update! Nothing works still. I am at my end with Premiere this program is too buggy. Can't believe this is a problem for so many people and it isn't solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is definitely buggy as well considering it's never the same point that fails and it will randomly decide to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines