Export Error Error compiling movie. Accelerated Renderer Error Unable to produce frame.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere Pro and Media Encoder 2020

Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core i7-8550U 1.8GHz/2.0GHz

16GB RAM

500GB SSD (C:) and external USB HDD for the project.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Max-Q 4GB

Haven't had these issues before while exporting and suddenly I can't even get it to render within Premiere, let alone in Media Encoder. I have cleared the cache and tried both Software and GPU rendering. Using the GPU gives me the following error:

Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Accelerated Renderer Error

Unable to produce frame.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: \\?\K:\Season 2\Studio\Exports\Drafts\americanrust_fulldraft4.mp4
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:00:09:21 - 00:00:10:14
Rendering at offset: 10.010 seconds
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: -1609629690

Using software just freezes both Premiere and Media Encoder.

I am using a LUT and some of the clips on the timeline have Red Giant Universe plugin on them. I have never had this issue before using this plugin. No morph cuts and not really any transitions in there either as it's a music video.

My graphics card is up to date, I've installed the 'game ready driver' as it seems this is the most recent one. The other option is the 'studio driver' but I have the same issue regardless.

My Windows power saver is set to high performance. There shouldn't be anything holding this down. I'm hoping the answer is that my graphics card just isn't powerful enough - surely there is a way to slow the render so it can get through it without overheating?

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash, Export, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020
Have you tried an interframe format/codec such as Cineform, ProRes, or DNxHD/R? They would be easier on your gear I would think for the initial encode, and you could also if necessary use "smart previews" ... by setting your Preview format/codec to the same as that you would export using those codecs, rendering each clip, then exporting the sequence with "Using previews" selected. Your rig is pretty low powered, and some Red Giant things take a lot of processing. Neil

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried an interframe format/codec such as Cineform, ProRes, or DNxHD/R? They would be easier on your gear I would think for the initial encode, and you could also if necessary use "smart previews" ... by setting your Preview format/codec to the same as that you would export using those codecs, rendering each clip, then exporting the sequence with "Using previews" selected.

Your rig is pretty low powered, and some Red Giant things take a lot of processing.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow okay, it worked exporting it as ProRes! Thank you.

The laptop is the same spec as my older Macbook Pro which never had any issues like this while rendering.

'Software only' export on this works either way, but is there a way to limit the power on the GPU so it doesn't just fail?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, which is why say rendering chunks to an interframe "preview" format/codec identical to the export to be created is useful. It breaks up the work some.

And ... that is then usable as a "master" file. Check the re-import box near the bottom of the Export dialog, and it comes right back into your project after the export. Then export that same file if you need as an H.264/265 file, and all the heavy lifting has already been done. Easy peasy.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made my sequence settings for video previews the same as the ProRes export but the same issue is still happening. Yesterday I exported a different sequence (with identical effects) as ProRes and it worked but I'm not having the same luck with the original video.

prem1.JPGprem2.JPGprem3.JPG

And when I export this sequence using software only, it freezes/hangs and I have to end the process as Media Encoder is 'not responding'.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just selected a small portion of the timeline (including the section where it usually fails) and it exported it just fine... but whenever the whole three minute timeline is exported in the same way, it fails.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then as I noted in my first post...

• make sure your "preview" format/codec for that sequence is a good quality interframe format/codec like Cineform, ProRes, or DNxHD/R;
  • break the sequence into segments, and do a "render and replace" or "render selection" process for every segment;
  • export the sequence after clicking both the "use previews" and "Import into Project" buttons near the bottom of the Export dialog. This gives you a "master" file for your sequence.

Now, you can use that file for whatever you need, or ... export that master file as a compressed H.264/265 file or whatever without troubles.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, haven't tried render and replace before but it worked. Selecting 'use previews' on the export also made it a lot smoother - it raced through the export that time. Thank you for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GB,
I'm glad you got your problem solved via smart rendering. Using preview files to harness an export is the way to go should you be in certain workflows with your particular computer. Your intuition is correct. A more performant GPU would have helped this situation with your standard workflow. That said, a workflow centered around smart rendering might be suitable considering the hardware you own. 

• What would help guide you in designing your ideal workflow is knowledge of how the "Mercury Playback Engine" works, and how your GPU is working with it. Details are here in this legacy blog post.
  • For example, knowing that "Scaling" is one thing handled by the GPU. So are GPU accelerated effects, like Lumetri Color, and Warp Stabilizer. So, if you're working with 4K footage scaled to a 1080p sequence that has a color grade and a stabilzation applied, you've got 3 GPU processes going on. 
  • The error you are facing is when during exporting, too many GPU processes are overloading your GPU. Your CPU is going full tilt doing the encoding, so it cannot assist in the rendering of these frames. So: you crash with Error Compiling Movie or Can't Produce Frame, or similar warning because all available processes are literally tapped out.
  • The "smart rendering" workflow that you ended up using can help with situations like this because all the GPU processing that is normally firing off in the export/encode process had been previously offloaded to "preview files" which are used in stictching together files that already exist. The files are merely copied, not encoded. This results in a very fast export process, as you found. The downside are a lot of large preview files, but these can be deleted after you have exported your show.
  • If you find errors while watching down, you'll find that smart rendering provides a fast way to fix the error, render a quick preview file, then export at high speed once more. If you had errors in the older workflow, exporting another H.264 file once more with the fixes would take much, much longer...and you might crash along the way!

Hope this helps explain what went on there a bit better.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailed information there Kevin, really helped to make sense of it! I've seen a huge improvement with this smarter workflow so until I am back to editing on a high-powered desktop I will utilise these suggestions as and when I encounter errors.

Thanks again! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super helpful explanation - thank you!  I'm trying to pre render previews now by selecting the entire timeline and then Render In to Out.  It's predictably taking a while but then hopefully the export will go smoothly (I had been getting the same error).  The thing I'm less sure of is the first part of Neil's response around making sure the format of the previews is correct - where do I adjust those settings and what's the difference between doing 'render and replace' versus render in to out? Thank you! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You set preview format in the Sequence Settings dialog. Down near the bottom there.

For a full render & replace, you select the clip/s on the timeline, then select Render & Replace. Another dialog pops up, you tell it what you want done and in what format/codec. Include effects option should be checked normally ... 

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines