Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export error

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I would appreciate any help as I've been working on a project for just over 2 months now but keep getting errors whenever i would try and export my project.

I have tried exporting 6 times today, through Premiere and through Media Encdoer, and they both keep giving me similar issues with the exact same error code. I have tried referring to the article posted by Adobe on how to try and avoid possible export errors, but their fixes dont seem to work for me.

I have tried switching to CUDA, and to software only. I have tried restarting my PC. I have tried to export to different file formats with different codecs (H.264 (twice), HEVC, Apple ProRes, MPEG, AVI). I have tried removing a few of the videos in the sequence and bringing them back. I tried checking for Adobe Premiere, AE (my project contains AE files) and Media Encoder updates. I've checked for GPU updates. And have even checked for Windows updates for the sake of making sure it wasn't the problem. And nothing worked.

This screenshot is from the last export attempt.

Under 'error compiling movie', it has also said 'accelerated render error', 'render returned error' and 'unable to produce frame'.

System specs:

CPU: 6 core Intel Processor

RAM: 16GB

GPU: GTX 980ti

Sorry for the long article, but any help would be magnificent.

Mo

afbeelding.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it seem to keep stopping at the same spot in the render? If so you might have a partially damaged video in your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it stops in different spots. One time it just stopped at the last second then showed the error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

Please do NOT add images via the "attach files" box, as you are then forcing everyone to DOWNLOAD the file to view it outside their browser. Drag/drop the image files directly ONTO your reply box so other users can see them without needing to download unknown strange files.
Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

set your preview format in your sequence settings to a high quality format like prores and attempt to render your entire timeline....  and then export with the "use preview" checked.

by any chance is your source material from a smart phone or screen capture utility?  If so, the source of your problem is probably that your sources have a variable frame rate.  

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-issues-with-screen-recorded-footage-in-premiere-pro/...

You can use handbrake to convert to a constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Parts of the video indeed are from my iPhone. And looking at their details from the 'properties' button in windows explorer they do seem to have a difference of 0.001 frames/sec from each other. Im not currently near my PC, but will try that and get back to you as soon as I am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just done that; set previews to Quicktime (.mov) with Apple ProRes, and it actually worked! But it rendered to a 23 GB file (with H.264, Premiere expected the total size to be about 2.1GB), there is way too much motion blur i didn't ask for, and the colours don't seem right. That's a step in the right direction though, and i really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first use handbrake to convert any material shot on your iphone to a constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr

and here's a tutorial on how to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

That will probably fix your export problem.  That may also be the source of your motion blur issues but regardless, you should see any issues when playing back the timeline within premiere BEFORE you export and can make any adjustments that are necessary.  This process should NOT increase motion blur... (bwdik)

There's no reason why you can't set your preview format to your desired export format and render your timeline and then do the export.   I suspect that you'd get slightly better quality rendering to prores and exporting and then use adobe media encoder to make the h264 but probably nothing you'd notice.   Happy to go in to detail of my thinking on this but it's probably more complicated then you might want to know.  But post back if you are interested.

As far as the color shift goes, that's a very deep subject and you should do some searching here as there are many threads dealing with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched the video, and it seems quite helpful. Only problem is, i've got tens of videos that were shot on my iPhone in this video, each with their own set of effects and sfx and music and whatnot, and taking all of them to handbrake, resetting their framerates, cutting through them and re-applying the effects will take quite a bit of time, and i've got a close deadline to meet that shows that the amout of time i have left wouldn't be enough to do all that. I did get handbrake for future projects, but for the current one is there a more effecient way to do that? 

Quick update: I did just try to export to H.264 while using the previews i rendered earlier, and it did work, rendering a much better sized 1.9GB file, that still maintains the motion blur problem. And maybe the colours weren't the video's problem, but my display's as I did edit this video on a different display, and that's why it might just look a little off. When playing the preview in Premiere, i have never seen any motion blur. That only shows in the rendered file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not as bad as that. Try this with one clip and see if it works.
Convert to a constant frame rate using handbrake. Then control click
on the variable frame rate clip in the timeline, unlink and relink to
the constant frame rate clip. Should keep all your effects, etc. But
TEST your workflow before going down the rabbit hole.

Now Handbrake is kind of a pain because you have to drag in each clip
individually. And you can't convert to a more robust format than mp4
(I think).

There's a program called editready
https://www.divergentmedia.com/editready
which allows you to simply drag multiple files (or a folder) into a
window and set the preset, etc...
There's a free trial, and it's not that expensive.

post back if you have any questions and be sure and let us know how
things work out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did just convert one clip to constant framerate, but what do i ctrl+click? I just clicked on the same clip but with variable framerate while holding ctrl and that seemed to do nothing.

Also, how i come i have previously used clips from my iPhone in a project previously but didnt seem to cause the same number of problems? Like, yes it did give me export errors previously but just trying again fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is an intermittent problem and it's hard to predict when it will rear it's ugly head.  Much smarter to proactively convert before editing...

In the timeline, control click (or right click with a 2 button mouse) which should bring up a long "contextual" menu where you can unlink and the link.  See the screen shot.  It's not available in this screen shot cause I quickly created a new project and created bars and tone... but with an actual piece of imported media, it should be available.

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 11.39.07 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently rolling back drivers. Writing this through my tablet as the computer needs to restart when uninstalling old drivers and when installing new drivers. Will launch Premiere after that's complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finished rolling back drivers. I opened the constatnt framerate clip in a copy of the .prproj file (so that i can still go back to that if i wanted to), and unlinking the audio from the variable video and relinking it to the constant video only kept the audio effects, not the video effects. Btw i already know about linking and unlinking, only to be confused by the ctrl+click part.

About the motion blur, it can also appear as 'ghosting' from the previous frames, and is espicially obvious whenever there is a lot of motion going on. I tried just know to play that exact same clip on my tablet, to find the exact same motion blur/ghosting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried to re-export in Media Encoder, and when pausing the export the motion blur/ghosting shows. This is a small image and is only a frame, but shows what I'm talking about, and I'm pretty sure that doesnt happen in Premiere. Also noticed that it only happens to footage that doesn't have rendered previews (not all of them needed previews, some were yellow, and only those were red got a preview rendered).

motion blur prob.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same (or similar) frame from Premiere in its previews:

No mb pic.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to render EVERYTHING.  Then if you don't see the issue within Premiere we'll have to dig deeper.
But looking at something playing on the fly from within premiere is NOT the same thing as looking at it rendered or exported.

Please tell us your source pixel dimensions and your sequence pixel dimensions...  there might be a clue there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the screenshot as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean the one I misplaced before? The motion blur problem runs across pretty much across the whole video.

Here it is:

error screenshot.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried rolling back nvidia driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually didn't. Give me 5 mins to do that and ill let you know what happens,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well since we got here, i should mention that upon launching Premiere, it notifies me that current drivers aren't supported, and that i should get the 'studio drivers' from Nvidia. Only problem is that Nvidia doesn't offer 'studio drivers' for my GPU. Before originally posting here i thought that might've caused the problem, but i've never experienced this problem before and it always ran just fine. I see no reason for it to suddenly decide to occur now, and so i posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest driver is 451 game driver.

Which has been known to give issues.

Its not that of an issue if you dont have a studio driver.

roll back to 446.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now Handbrake is kind of a pain because you have to drag in each clip
individually. And you can't convert to a more robust format than mp4

You can batch import and batch encode. Even to a lossless file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really.  that's great.  I'll have to dig in to it further.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines