• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Essential Graphic's text as text file on Premiere Pro (Scripting?)

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We create tutorial videos for companies on Premiere Pro. And we use titles made with Essential Graphics of pre-animated texts from After Effect. They work great and the integration on Premiere Pro is very quick.

Examples of titles:

title1.pngtitle2.png

One of our most important customer asked us if there is a way to have these title's text exported in a text file or spredsheet for quick and easy review of spelling and accuracy. Like that they don't have to go trough all the videos (~ 10min each) everytime.

I looked on the web but didn't find anything for now. I tried to anaylise the XML content from .prpoj file if I could find anything related to the text inserted in the Graphic Essential titles but I found nothing. I tired wiht the different export options (XML, Avid Exchange, ODL etc etc...) on Premiere Pro but no luck either.

I hope you can help us! Thanks in advance for your replies!

[Moderator note: title modded to be more informative of specific tech needs.]

TOPICS
Export , How to , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

I created a video a while back going into the process of accessing (and modifying) mogrts in the activeSequence using Premiere's API. LINK

Using this you could search through each sequence in your project, and all clips on your tracks, to find your mogrts, and extract the data. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's possible to do that, it would have to be from some sort of script I would think. So ... I'm hoping someone with scripting background helps on this request, it's not something most of us would have any idea how to even try.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a video a while back going into the process of accessing (and modifying) mogrts in the activeSequence using Premiere's API. LINK

Using this you could search through each sequence in your project, and all clips on your tracks, to find your mogrts, and extract the data. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eli and Neil,

Thanks for your replies. I'm gonna try the Eli's link and go back to you with my results! Thanks a lot for your video and script example Eli!

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I too have a similar issue.

several years ago I had to add captions to a long video project. I found Adobe Premiere's caption tool back then to be extremely buggy, and ended up using Essential Graphics to create the captions. It was the best option I could find at the time.

Now I want to grab the text from those Essential Graphics into a spreadsheet.

I watched the video posted by Eli_Portell-TUVs1q but I still can't figure out what to do exactly.

I exported the project using File > Export > Motion Graphics Template

I saved the mogrt file to my local drive.

But not sure how to open it and grab the text. I tried opening it in several text editors, but it looks like this:

Cd2o5JwtWX.png

Hoping someone can help.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@infoSrcin Have you found a solution to your requirements by now? I'm having a similar challenge: need to export source text from mogrts from within a premiere project to a text or csv file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @infoSrcin , and @raphaelectric 

Okay I watched a few tutorials on Premiere Pro API. I have very basic scripting knowledge.

Was wondering if any of you found or wrote a script that extracts text from mogrts?

It would save me a lot of time trying to figure out how to write the script myself 🙂

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @A_omry 

I developed a script that does exactly that.

Text Replacer

I hope you enjoy it.

Henrique

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @hdaraujo 

Nice! However or this particular task, I ended up extracting the text manually. It took about an hour or so.

Good to know about your script. Maybe next time 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please see this forum thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/discuss-export-text-from-titles-and-mog...

This feature is now available in Beta.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines