• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export fast

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using premire pro. What surprised me is that exporting a video of 1 hour takes more than 2 hours. My CPU is kinda old (AMD A8) and thus CPU usage becomes 100%.
Is there any way to make less use of hardware? Skipping the rendering? I dunno. Pls help here

TOPICS
Export , Hardware or GPU , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot depends on what you are editing, and what you are exporting

When I edit 1280x720 and I export to 720x480 to be able to create a DVD the program takes longer than if I export to a format at the same resolution

Some things to do, and more information needed for someone to help...
-Troubleshooting https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Unofficial-Premiere-Pro-Troubleshooting-Guide/td-p/87892...
-PPro Editing Information FAQ https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/FAQ-What-information-should-I-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is absolutely no way at all to speed up your exports. Not only is your CPU too old, but that A8 CPU is also way too weak for any sort of video editing whatsoever even when it was new. You see, that A8 is so weak even when new, you might as well have only an Intel Celeron or Atom inside that machine. (To be honest, the A8 is slightly faster than a contemporaneous Atom-derived quad-core Pentium N- or J-series or Pentium Silver CPU, but not sufficiently faster to justify the voracious increase in power consumption.)

In other words, your machine is far below the minimum recommended spec for video editing.

And all that is because the A8 is an APU which is derived from AMD's botched Bulldozer architecture. After that colossal flop, AMD began to right itself with the Zen architecture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm afraid a system upgrade is dues at this point

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines