Highlighted

Export Files Size is Always Gigantic

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my Premiere Pro and it's STILL slow while editing. 

And even short 10 minute projects are exporting into GIGANTIC files. 

(H.264 + High Bitrate) 

So, as I've said, I've updated, I've cleared the space on my hard drive, and I've deleted the media cache in Premiere. Still slow. Still ginormous files! 

TOPICS
Export, Freeze or hang, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export Files Size is Always Gigantic

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my Premiere Pro and it's STILL slow while editing. 

And even short 10 minute projects are exporting into GIGANTIC files. 

(H.264 + High Bitrate) 

So, as I've said, I've updated, I've cleared the space on my hard drive, and I've deleted the media cache in Premiere. Still slow. Still ginormous files! 

TOPICS
Export, Freeze or hang, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lower the Bitrate in the Export Settings dialog when you export. (High bitrate=Larger files. Low Bitrate=Smaller files.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have access to wide array of formats and codecs for encoding your video, and in the case of H264, you have control of the bitrate. That has nothing to do with a Premiere version. You can set the bitrate, which in turn gives you the file size depending on the duration.

File Size = Bitrate * Time.

As for experiencing slowness while editing that can be for many reasons, but you haven't listed any details about your setup. What is your hardware? What kind of media are you working with? What are you doing in the timeline? Effects? Color grading?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0