• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Frame Bug still exists in 14.2 Update, please help...

Explorer ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported this bug in Premiere Pro when the 2020 version was released and after all updates, including todays 14.2 update the problem still remains....
When you create a still frame (export frame) and then import back into the project and drag it into the timeline it is a different lighting to the original source, (lighter) To get it close you apply around -10 of brightness but it's never identical.
This has never happened in any other version of Premiere Pro as I have to do this all of the time on an ongoing project where I need to insert freeze frames.
It means I have to continue using the 2019 version which is starting to become very buggy and I need to move to the latest version like I usually do.
I really feel like Adobe are totally ignoring me with this issue which is shocking considering how much subscription I pay just to use an old version !!
Short MP4 example of the problem is attached...
Thanks
Paul

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

I export to jpg which is what I've always done as I've never had a problem with any of the previous versions of Premiere Pro.

But I've just tried exporting to tiff instead that that is fine 

Thank you for your help on this, that's a real headache cured

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

This is a rampant problem and you can find MANY users experiencing it, with significant washing out of images. This is digital video. It should look EXACTLY the same, like it always has up to the 2020 version. It should work with JPGs like it always has, the standard format for web images. Who uses TIFFs when working with images for the web? Umm... no one, except Adobe users with a broken product (also, TIFFs are washed out for me as well). I have the same problem with the video files after they

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I went to test this, and I get a barely visible on the scopes expansion of contrast. The very brightest pixels barely move up, the darkest pixels barely move down.

I have to look precisely on a large view of the scopes to see it, and really can't tell any difference on my Transmit out monitor visually.

Have you posted or searched about this on the UserVoice system? That goes directly to the engineers.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have posted in numerous times on the UserVoice system, every since the first version of '2020' and every update since.

It's interesting that you are not seeing this, surely it's not just me with the problem.

I have Premiere on an iMac and on a Macbook Pro and it's exactly the same problem on both systems.

Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format are you exporting to, Targa, TIFF, Jpg, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I export to jpg which is what I've always done as I've never had a problem with any of the previous versions of Premiere Pro.

But I've just tried exporting to tiff instead that that is fine 

Thank you for your help on this, that's a real headache cured

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O.k, glad that it worked! 🙂

I tested to export a jpg on my computer and see exactly the same issue you see when exporting to jpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a rampant problem and you can find MANY users experiencing it, with significant washing out of images. This is digital video. It should look EXACTLY the same, like it always has up to the 2020 version. It should work with JPGs like it always has, the standard format for web images. Who uses TIFFs when working with images for the web? Umm... no one, except Adobe users with a broken product (also, TIFFs are washed out for me as well). I have the same problem with the video files after they are exported. Washed out. Never had the problem before the recent updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines