Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Lower Quality than Editing - Export Help Please

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I'm editing a wedding video and it keeps saving in much lower quality than what I've been editing it as. 

Shot in 1920x1080 (1.0) 60fps. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 8.46.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-04 at 8.46.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-04 at 8.46.32 PM.png

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

I got it exported with good quality! Not sure what I did that time but it worked. Thanks for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to have Render at Maximum Depth or Use Maximum Render Quality checked, other than that your settings look OK.

What is the problem with the export?

How are you viewing the exported file?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh okay. Would it be better to uncheck them? 

I'm just viewing it in Quicktime and I've been uploading them to Google Drive. I can provide the link so you can see what I mean. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To follow up Meg's post.

In your case you wouldn't need them, and in fact Max Render Quality can hurt it a bit if used unnecessarily, as it may sharpen any compression artifacts that already exist.

In general, if your footage is 8-bit and you're not pushing any heavy gradiation as a result of 32-bit effects, then you don't need Render at Max Depth, and if your source footage, sequence, and export are all the same resolution, you don't need Max Render Quality. Will save you some time too.

As for the issue at hand, it really does seem like your settings are fine. An average bitrate of 24 Mbps should be plenty sufficient for 1080p60 media.That said, you could try bumping it up even more (maybe to around 35/40 Mbps) and see if the results are any better.

That said, what bitrate is your source footage? Does it look substantially better in Premiere when doing a full-screen preview? (Sometimes its hard to see imperfections when keeping it to the smaller frame size)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the first ten seconds you can see how it's blurry and not at all 1080p

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gy2qIOedeF13lo2MHvyeTE6vF8j3yYuH/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the file you posted, it is HD 1920x1080. I can't judge if the image is degraded as I have not seen the original source.

A good way to test is to export the timeline, then import that file you just exported back into Premiere Pro. Place the video portion of that file you just imported on a track above your edit, so your export is now in sync with the edit. Turn the track on and off and move around the timeline and see if you see any difference in the Premiere Pro program monitor.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got it exported with good quality! Not sure what I did that time but it worked. Thanks for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines