Highlighted

Export .m2ts files out of premiere pro

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I need to deliver a .m2ts file for a film festival, is it possible to export one out of premiere with following specs? 

- H264 level 4.1 video in a .m2ts container

- audio: AAC 320kbps

The actual film festival is cancelled because of covid, so they're doing an online alternative. They didn't provide much info at first, saying it needs to be a 'blu-ray standard export'. When I asked for more detailed specs they gave the specs listed above.

Can I simply export a .mp4 and change the extension name to .m2ts? I don't know what software/hardware they are using, or how the online screening will work. Plan B is to send in a .mp4 with those specs, I find it hard to believe that wont work for them.

Cheers

Jonas

TOPICS
Export, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export .m2ts files out of premiere pro

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I need to deliver a .m2ts file for a film festival, is it possible to export one out of premiere with following specs? 

- H264 level 4.1 video in a .m2ts container

- audio: AAC 320kbps

The actual film festival is cancelled because of covid, so they're doing an online alternative. They didn't provide much info at first, saying it needs to be a 'blu-ray standard export'. When I asked for more detailed specs they gave the specs listed above.

Can I simply export a .mp4 and change the extension name to .m2ts? I don't know what software/hardware they are using, or how the online screening will work. Plan B is to send in a .mp4 with those specs, I find it hard to believe that wont work for them.

Cheers

Jonas

TOPICS
Export, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would agree, send them an MP4 with those specs. Whatever they have will play it. Alternatively, use the blu-ray presets to export .m2v and .wav and then use tsMuxer (free open source) to mux them together into an M2TS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The BD export will give an interlaced file. Dont think that is a good idea to through online.

I would go for H.264 and change the extension.

Youtube 1920p preset will do just fine just change the level to 4.1.

M2ts is but a wrapper same as mp4.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies.

I ended up sending an mp4 and haven't heard back, so I'm assuming that's good news.

(Saw these replies too late, forgot to turn on email notifications)

Thanks for the info though. I didn't know about the txMuxer, although as Ann says the Bluray presets only have an interlaced option for 1920x1080 in 25fps. For 24fps Mike's way would've worked I think.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2020 0