Export mismatch problem

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a 60fps clip > interpreted it to 30fps.
Selected a part from it. Place it in the 30fps Sequence.
In editing, i can see / work with the part i selected form the clip. 
BUT when i try to export it, it is not the part i selected (it shows few seconds ealier than i selected)

can someone tell me why that is? and how to fix this problem?
many thanks

TOPICS
Editing, Export

Views

47

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the media from? Is it from a phone or screen recording? (Does it have variable framerate?)

 

Have you made proxies?

 

When you go to export, if you are using H264 or H265, can you try using Software Encoding and not Hardware Encoding? Or try encoding to a different video codec like Quicktime ProRes.

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i used proxies.

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe you will be able to use proxies with the interpret footage method.

 

If you toggle your proxies off you might notice that the footage is not the same. The proxies were created at 60fps, the speed of the original media, so you've been editing with a false idea of where your original footage actually is, at least this is what I think is happening on your end.

 

I'd recommend just reducing the speed to 50% in the sequence on your 60fps footage. This would allow you to continue using proxies. If you want to use the interpet footage method you might want to transcode the footage to an optimized codec prior to working with it.

 

As a side note, I try to work with speed changes over interpreting footage - in part for this reason - but also because I've found it to be more compatible when working with a larger post-production team. If you need to send your edit to a colorist via an XML, for example, you'll run into issues with interpret footage again. Just something to think about.

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines