Export Problem with HEVC Clips

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble diagnosing an export issue. I have a timeline with a mix of footage: some MXF, some mp4, some HEVC, ranging in HD to 4k. The HEVCs chug a fair amount, but they import, play, and edit like normal. The problem is all the clips export out just fine EXCEPT the HEVC clips. In the exported video, they appear to run at half frame rate, or sometimes are frozen on a single frame. No error codes appear during or after the export.

I'm running the most recent version of Premiere 2020, and am trying to export as an HD mp4 for streaming. 

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export Problem with HEVC Clips

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble diagnosing an export issue. I have a timeline with a mix of footage: some MXF, some mp4, some HEVC, ranging in HD to 4k. The HEVCs chug a fair amount, but they import, play, and edit like normal. The problem is all the clips export out just fine EXCEPT the HEVC clips. In the exported video, they appear to run at half frame rate, or sometimes are frozen on a single frame. No error codes appear during or after the export.

I'm running the most recent version of Premiere 2020, and am trying to export as an HD mp4 for streaming. 

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if those HEVC files were created by a screen recording app or drone or something, and are therefore VFR, variable frame rate. That could easily cause this.

The fix for that is to convert the files to CFR, constant frame rate, in the free utility app Handbrake. Make sure you go to that app's video tab and click the circle for CFR and set a specific number framerate. Then set compression to "near placebo".

Replace the original clips with the converted CFR ones in the bin.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0