Highlighted

Export Problems: fine playback on Win, audio/video sync issues on Macs

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

fairly new to Premiere and video editing in general, but I've produced a few videos of virtual band performances during lockdown with minimal problems.

Having just completed the latest one a weird issue has surfaced - the exported file plays fine on my ( windows ) laptop, and when uploaded to Facebook it streams to my laptop with no playback issues.

But on mobile devices, and seemingly on Apple computers, there are significant video / audio sync issues, on playback, both when streaming or playing the original file. 
I've sent the file to a number of people to confirm - on a windows system they all got perfect playback, on Apple systems or mobile devices the sync was messed up, whether streaming or playing from the drive.

It's a fairly simple edit using only cuts and fades, and all the video has been handbraked to a constant 30fps before editing.

Tearing my hair out looking for a solution, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

[Moderator note: title edited for clarity.]

Topics

Editing, Error or problem, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export Problems: fine playback on Win, audio/video sync issues on Macs

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

fairly new to Premiere and video editing in general, but I've produced a few videos of virtual band performances during lockdown with minimal problems.

Having just completed the latest one a weird issue has surfaced - the exported file plays fine on my ( windows ) laptop, and when uploaded to Facebook it streams to my laptop with no playback issues.

But on mobile devices, and seemingly on Apple computers, there are significant video / audio sync issues, on playback, both when streaming or playing the original file. 
I've sent the file to a number of people to confirm - on a windows system they all got perfect playback, on Apple systems or mobile devices the sync was messed up, whether streaming or playing from the drive.

It's a fairly simple edit using only cuts and fades, and all the video has been handbraked to a constant 30fps before editing.

Tearing my hair out looking for a solution, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

[Moderator note: title edited for clarity.]

Topics

Editing, Error or problem, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 28, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi steveh76362497,

Sorry to hear about this. Please let us know the media type used in the timeline (format/codec, frame rate & frame size). Also, what were your export settings? Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for responding. Not at my computer right now but all the media used came from iPhone footage and was put through handbrake to get a constant frame rate of 30fps.

It was exported using the Facebook HD 1080p preset in the export options, which has worked fine for all the other projects I've done recently.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0