Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export problems with Lumetri Colour Correction

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I've had this problem for quite some time now.

This affects Media Encoder V14 and all updates.

When you add any form of Lumetri Colour Correction to your edit, Media Encoder crashes when you try to export.

My error log shows 'A low-level exception occurred in: AE.ADBE Lumetri (GPUVideoFitler::Render)'

This has only happened in V14 and I've never had this problem in any other version of Media Encoder.

If I revert back to V13 it works fine but that isn't ideal.

You can though export the edit without a problem directly from Premiere Pro by File -  Export - Media - Export....

Any help really appreciated.

TOPICS
Crash , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very odd. And aggravating of course.

Try going into Me's Preferences and uncheck "import Premiere sequences natively".

Next, uncheck "composite in linear color" in both apps.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil

Before I try this, if it works, will this change anything with the export?

Also I can't seem to find the box to uncheck 'composite in linear color' in PP or ME

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you won't notice anything. And would have been easy to test without fear, simply duplicate a section of a sequence & try the suggestions.

"Composite in Linear Color" is a Sequence setting in Premiere, and also an option in some export dialogs including presets in MediaEncoder. "Import sequences natively" is an option in MediaEncoder's Preferences dialogs.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil

I've tried your suggestions and it did export but incredibly slowly. A 10 second test clip took over a minute to encode.

So my usual 30 min edits full of color correction will be a nightmare.

Also just updated to Media Encoder 14.5 and no difference.

I haven't seen anyone else complaining about this this problem which worries me slightly.

Thanks

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which GPU and what driver are you using?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU is NVidia GForce GTX 680MX

I know this is an old and unsupported GPU now but would that make a difference.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it would Paul. You have to make a lot of workflow adjustments to work with such a GPU.

It's OK, I use a similar one, but I am careful how I export.

First, I render all my effects a little at a time changing up my render codec to ProRes LT in Sequence Settings (use the Custom Edit Mode-scroll up). I do this so I can use something called smart rendering for all my exports: The ProRes LT render files are used in the export process. Caution: this workflow takes up a lot of drive space, but it's temporary. I delete the render files after the export.

Why this works? You can export broadcast codecs without strain on the GPU because you are using your render files to assist the export as the frames are already pre-cooked. You then export to ProRes LT with the same spec as the render files and check the box that says "Using Previews." The export is super fast and you will not get the warning you are struggling with.

With the ProRes LT master, you can now make H.264 or HEVC files for upload. I suggest trying a short test and coming back with questions.

Until we get a better NLE system, this will work. I hope this helps you.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the information Kevin.

Unfortunately I have to supply a specific export file to my client which is MXF HDCAM HD 50 PAL.

I'm close to updating my iMac and Macbook Pro and  hopefully that will change things.

Cheers

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines