Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export questions

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

First off, I'm a total "Noob" at working with Premier Pro.  (I've previously used Microsoft Windows Movie Maker to generate my YouTube videos).  I've completed the edit of my first project successfully; just rendered it, but how do I (1) find the folder that my full-resolution render is stored in; (2) save a full-resolution copy to either my local hard drive or an external drive & (3) properly upload the rendered file to YouTube?  I know to log into YouTube from the export panel, & encoding is set to H.264.  The completed video length is abiut 35 minutes; what should I expect for typical upload time via a cable modem (Comcast)?   Any advice would be appreciated.  

Tom

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Look in the the export settings under Output Name. Hover over it.

2. Same way as 1. You point the export to the drive/folder of your choice.

3. Sign in and fill in the blancs.

4. Depends on your upload speed.

Might want to hit the Learn button on opening Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help, Ann!  🙂  I also reviewed some of the tutorials as well.  When I reviewed the first export attempt, discovered I had inadvertly duplicated a couple of clips; took a bit of head-scratching to figure out how to delete them (found I first had to clear the audio track from the duplicated segment, then "Ripple Delete" the video portion.  Fortunately, my camcorder, a Sony HDR-AX2000, automatically applied a date-&-time stamp code name to each clip, which made it easier to sort out the duplicates).  I re-rendered the video & successfully saved it to a folder I set up for edited 1080P videos (I'm planning to get a 4K camcorder in the near future).  Somehow, when I did the second render, it did not also automatically upload to YouTube (still head-scratching a bit on that, & I was logged into my YouTube account), but I was able to successfully upload the clip through YouTube's normal upload link (took about an hour & 15 minutes).  Since this was my first attempt at editing in Premier Pro, I did not try to get fancy with any effects (I would like to do dissolves as transititions between clips; since this video was the first in what will be a series, will try that on the second, which I may start editing later today).  Here's the link to the finished video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/GOZE0TtWzlI .  Thanks again for your help!  😉

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines