• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export size

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to export a transparent background video from premiere pro / media ecoder that isnt too big, under 2/3 gbs. The video is 20min+ and the idea is to then add it to a after effects compostion, so that why it needs a transparent backround. However when I export as a quick time the final product is around 120gbs at 4k,  I tried reduce it 1080p but it went down to 30gbs.  Any advice how to reduce it, and retain quality.

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, all the codecs that support alpha channels are going to create large files. I'm guessing you are using Prores 4444? (or perhaps the Animation codec).

You may find you can get smaller files with the Cineform codec or a flavour of DNx. Both these support alpha channels and I've read DNx can support more compressed files while still retaining an alpha channel ... but have never personally used them for alpha channel requirements. There is also PNG. It also supports alpha channel and may also be smaller than Prores 4444.

However I don't think any of these will get to your target of less than 3GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks, I will try it out and see how it goes.  Another option I tried was using dynamic link -  dragging the premire sequence into after effects compostion -  however there was a black background/ not transparent maybe if it could be made transparent that could work?

Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jared,

Did you set your sequence settings to be one that has the ability to create graphics with an alpha channel. GoPro Cineform RGBA, maybe?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems like your workflow may be off, putting a 20+ minute clip into After Effects? Sometimes people do 5 frames in AE, maybe less! Can you not do the AE and put that into the PP project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines