Highlighted

Export .srt?

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How can I export .srt without exporting audio and video along with it?

File > Export> Captions is always grayed out... 😞

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export .srt?

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How can I export .srt without exporting audio and video along with it?

File > Export> Captions is always grayed out... 😞

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must first selelct the Caption stream OR the sequence it is in, before "File -> Export" ....

If you select the sequence, you will get the sequence timecodes and any edits you have made.

But .srt export carries limited styling info.

In the more recent PR versions, you can also do this by Export - Media (from the timeline) and deselect audio and video.

Stan 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what I select, file>export>captions is always grayed out.

I dont have any video and audio in the timeline. I just have catptions which I have edited. The only way to export them Is if I also export audio or video which is just blank and takes time to generate. I dont need blank audio file. I just need the edited .srt. How do I make the file>export>captions un-grey?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me. I created an Open Caption stream and named it "Open Caption Solo." Then I dragged that caption stream to the new sequence icon. So I have a sequence of just the caption stream. I name that sequence "Open Caption Solo Sequence."

Select the sequence ("Open Caption Solo Sequence") in the PROJECT PANEL. File -> Export -> Captions works.

Are you using the caption tool to create a caption stream? Have you selected the sequence in the project panel?

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did the same and its grayed out:

In general Im just drag-and-droping an .srt that I just want to make some edits on and want the save the changes.

I know there are other programs to this with but this one has the most convinient interface for the type of edit that Im doing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 0